LP-2844-Z... Installed 2 days ago for postage label printing. Worked
fine until I moved it to another location on my desk (disconnected cables for move), during which the
5A -250V fuse in the power supply blew. Replaced fuse yesterday, powers up fine
- but now, it won't print anything at all. Green light is on, and
pressing the button advances labels fine. All connections are solid
(connected via USB-A to Centronics Parallel Printer cable) and drivers
have been deleted & reinstalled. Troubleshooter has been
unsuccessfully run three times.
I'd really appreciate any help here. Thanks, and God bless you.
Sounds like you may have taken out more than the fuse. In case there is still life the next thing to try is a printer reset
1) Turn printer off. 2) Hold down feed button whilst turning printer on. 3) Let go of the feed button as soon as it starts to flash and then wait. 4) Printer will measure out 4 labels then print out a Hex dump ending with a not to "Push Feed to Exit" 5) Push feed
Follow the above instructions, if you mess around tapping the feed button (not following the above) you can change the printer between line mode and page mode. To swap that back is another storey. David
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
because if label lengh is ex. 20mm and you set up label print area as 21mm, it will over the size and it will skip the next one. the print area shoul be less than the label length. please verify software or driver.
possible was reset to factory defult and the darkness is to low, press the button until flash 5 times and let run untill see the dark print. then press the buton again. Try to print again (flash 1x)
outher possibility is the ribbon in on other way.
other possibility is the labels need to use ribbon (Thermal Transfer), and the printer is run out from ribbon.(run as Direct Termal.
Maybe the printer is not getting a good calibration on the label. If the status LED is a steady RED when trying to print, then the printer thinks its out of labels. A manual calibrationi could solve that.
1. Turn the printer off
2. press and hold down the FEED key while turning on the printer.
3. keep pressing the key until the status light flashes once, then let go
4. The printer will auto-calibrate for the size of label and then should be ready to use.
Press FEED once after its done and 1 label should feed.
possibly not a real LP2844 but an LP2543, a printer mass produced for and used by UPS. refurbishers change the label and sell as LP2844 because they are almost identical.
if it has an AC-AC adapter, it is an LP2543. LP2844 uses a AC-DC adapter, and all LP2844's have USB ports.
Add the printer as a Local LPT1. Then go into the properties and switch the port to a USB port. Try a test label. If it doesn't print, go back to properties of the printer and switch it to another USB until it does. If all else fails there is a remove utility included with the Zebra drivers you downloaded. You can remove all zebra related drivers and printers and then reboot. The PC should redetect the printer when you turn it on.