Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Computer says its not communicating with printer. items stay in a queue in printer
1. Check your printer to be sure your printer is listed as installed
2. If the print queue is full it can become confused and just hang up so turn off the printer to empty the queue
3. Power up the printer and send one document to print as a test
4. If the printer works, you should be back in business
Posted on Jan 20, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Please uninstall the printer driver software then restart the computer.
2. Reinstall the printer driver software
3. Most important try to do self test of the printer to check if the printer is ok.
All the best
Rais Sayed MCP MCTS
Posted on Mar 06, 2008
SOURCE: Lexmark X 1270 Can not Print
I may be a bit late with this but it worked for me. Uninstall your antivirus, remove any parental controls and disable your firewall. Then, reinstall the printer and download a 2008 version of your anti virus and re-enable your firewall. I haven't reactivated the parental controls just in case it all goes pear shaped.
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
I had this same problem...drove me crazy for a week. Called the geek squad at Best Buy and they mentioned something about a"patch" (which I had no idea what that meant) on the website of the printer. I went to Lexmark website, and selected 1200 series and windows vista (which is what's installed on my computer) A page came up to install a driver that made the two compatible and it worked!!!
Posted on Jan 06, 2009
With the Lexmark printers communication subsystem you MUST let the driver ask for you to plug in the printer. DO NOT plug the printer into the USB port until told to do so.
To fix a fouled install:
(1) Uninstall the Lexmark drivers in Add Remove Programs
(2) Shutdown the computer
(3) Disconnect the printer from the USB port
(4) Restart the computer
(5) Run the Driver Installation software
(6) Cancel ALL attempts by windows to auto install the printer
(7) When the software asks for the printer connect it and continue
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
Fiend your solution direct from Lexmark. Here is your solution
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2013 | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional for PC
Jul 25, 2012 | Lexmark Interpret S405 Wireless All-in-One...
Feb 18, 2012 | Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Wireless...
A quick fix for most communication errors can be achieved by resetting the printer and/or rebooting the PC. Simply disconnect the printer from your computer. Reboot your pc. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power source to reset it. When the printer turns on, reconnect it to your computer. Then try to print again once the computer fully recognizes the USB connection.
Dec 20, 2011 | Lexmark X Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 31, 2011 | Lexmark X2670 All-In-One Printer
Jun 19, 2011 | Lexmark X2600 InkJet Printer
Feb 24, 2011 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 16, 2011 | Lexmark P4350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 21, 2011 | Lexmark X2600 InkJet Printer
Jun 20, 2018 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!