- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
By default, wireless routers always broadcast wifi signal. The only thing you need to do is to enable the wifi radio receiver of your laptop. To do it, make sure that you have the wifi LED lit in your laptop which means that your wifi receiver is ON. Now, you need to connect your modem to your router so that your router will then broadcast internet signal. Then you are good to go. Your laptop should get connected automatically and receive internet signal.
If you want to configure your router, visit http://192.168.1.1 when you are connected to the network so that you can change some of your router's behavior.
1. Try a power cycle / reset of the router, if it is not transmitting signals
2. If your computer is not getting signals at all, ( not even your neighbor's ) , try uninstalling the wireless card and installing it again
3. Make sure you the wireless switch in your computer turned on
Using your wired computer, open your Internet Explorer and type http://192.168.1.1 that's for the router's setup page. It will prompt you for username and passwrod. By default, both username and password is guest then press ok. If that didn't work, use your own password. Once you are in, click on the Wireless tab and you can set your own signal name and wireless security there. Apply the changes after.