Question about Kyocera Copystar CS-1820 Black and White Copier
Error code C-6400 on start up, cannot use machine
Zero-crossing signal problem
The engine PCB does not detect the
zero-crossing signal for the time specified
below. At power-on: 3 s Others: 5 s
That is what the code means in the service manual. However you can try a reset by doing the following. Press 10871087 to enter maintenance mode. Once in maintenace mode press 906 then follow the steps below
1. Press the start key.
2. Select the EXECUTE using the up/down cursor keys. It is displayed in reverse.
3. Press the start key to reset partial operation control. The maintenance mode is exited, and the machine
returns to the same status as when the power switch is turned on.
If you do not feel comfortable performing this operation, or the problem persists then call a technician immediately.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
SIM 163 Reset (only do this one SIM, by doing others you could cause your machine to no longer function. Also see note at bottom.
Entering Simulation Mode
1. Press the system menu/counter key.
2. Select Service setting using the up/down cursor keys.
3. While pressing the start key and the # key, press the enter key. (Maintenance mode is entered.)
4. Select Maintenance mode using the up/down cursor keys.
5. Press the enter key.Enter the maintenance item (163 Resetting fuser problem) number using the up/down keys.
6. Go to step 1 under method below.
Resetting the fusing problem data Description
Resets the detection of a service call code indicating a problem in the fusing section.
When a service call concerning the fusing section occurs, turn the power switch off and open the front cover.
Then, turn the power switch on and press the system menu/counter key to enter the maintenance mode.
1. Press the enter key. A selection item appears.
2. Select Execute using the up/down cursor keys.
3. Press the enter key. The fusing problem data is initialized. (Four service calls, namely C6000, C6020,C6050, and C6400 are reset.)
Press the back key. The indication for selecting a maintenance item No. appears.
Note: Sometimes in order to do the reset when the machine is in an error state you need to open the top cover (like to replace the toner) and leave it open until you have performed the reset.
Mar 31, 2011 | Kyocera Copystar CS-1820 Black and White...
Feb 04, 2011 | Kyocera Copystar CS-1820 Black and White...
Dec 05, 2010 | Kyocera CS-2550 Black and White Copier
Jul 31, 2010 | Copystar CS-1820 Copier
Aug 31, 2009 | Kyocera Copystar CS-1820 Black and White...
May 31, 2009 | Kyocera FS-1118MFP Laser Printer
May 17, 2008 | Kyocera Copystar CS-1820 Black and White...
702 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: