An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Printer service error 6502
Could have a corrupt driver. Disconnect
the printer or at least be sure it is turned off. I'd do
both and when the CD software program asks you to connect the printer
to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error is a message indicating print head/ink failure on the printer.
I would try the following 2 things:
1. replace the ink cartridges/print heads. test to see if the problem is fixed.
2. If this does not solve the issue, you may need to either send it to the manufacturer for repairs (if under warranty), send it to a local repair person to service- or look for a new printer to buy (which may actually save you money).
It will run as long as the ink is just low, when empty it will not let you proceed. It will take an incoming fax and hold it in memory until the inks are replaced. When empty the error will stop you from sending a fax.
What is the brand name and model of your printer? Make sure that your ink cartridges are precisely the correct cartridges for the brand and model that you are using. From what I have experienced ... if you try to use a used ink cartridge you will recieve an error.
Have you replaced the ink cartridge recently?
Service error 6502 is an ink tank position sensor error.
Service error 6502 generally means that your ink cartridge chips cannot be recognised. The primary cause of this is the blockage of the LED. Ensure that no tape, glue etc is covering the chip or LED on the rear of the cartridge.
Problem more prevalent on third party replacement cartridges or ink systems.