How to remove autorun.inf, system volume information, recycler etc virus from the harddisk.
1st: Go to Tools>Folder Options>View>unckeck this items below:
1>display the contets of system folders
2>hide extensions for known file types
3>hide protected operating system files(Recomended)
2nd:check all other options in VIEW
4th:Download unlocker 1.87 ,install it after that enter any drive (C:,D:,........) and delete the recycler folder >then a error message will appar and shows that " can not delete RECYCLER:access is denied." it's in use.>click "OK">after that the "unlocker 1.87" will appears automatically and will give options "noaction","delete","rename","move" at down-left corner and there you can select " delete" optinon by scrolling down and after that you can success fully delete the virus,RECYCLER,from that drive.:D
continue this proccess for all drives where you can see RYCLER folder
NOTE ADDED: This site is listed by McAfee Site Advisor as a potential source of adware and malware.
Use a batch file (Example.bat) to change it from to a non hidden and a non read only file. It will convert it to a deletable folder and delete it. Do not delete the Autorun file because I found that the virus changed one of my documents to the autorun.
ATTRIB -S -A -H -R
Then if no errors come up after running the batch right click on RECYCLER folder and click delete.
Make sure the Batch is in the drive not the subdirectry.
(Example) - DriveLeter>Example.bat
Hope this helps : )
Please note that the following advice if taken will absolve me from any responsibility. I am only reporting what I did to get rid of the virus installed on my hard drive.
1. You should be able to see your root drive root drive which is c: or d: etc.
2. Ensure that you are able to see hidden files by going to Tool>Folder Option>view and checking off hidden files.
3. System Volume Information and Recycler should be visible in your root drive (c: d: or whatever drive you use)
4. Right Click on Recycler folder and go to Properties.
5. Go to the tab labeled Security, If your user name is not there then add your username that you use for XP . Give yourself all security rights as well as the SYSTEM user. Then press okay. If you cannot see the security tab and you are using XP professional then go to Tool>Folder Option>View uncheck box "Use simple File sharing" then select Apply.
6. Right Click on System volume information folder and go to Properties. Repeat step 5.
7. Go to the garbage icon on the desktop and right click. Choose properties then check the box " Do not move files to the recycle bin. Remove files immediately when deleted." Press Apply.
8. Go back to the root drive and delete Recycler folder.
9. Go to the System Information folder and delete the last folder. These folders are where Xp has taken a snapshot of your system in order to restore it. The virus is hiding here in the event that you restore it is also restored.
10. You should now open the registry editor and remove the virus from here so that when you restart the virus is not recreated.
11. Open the registry editor. Start >Run> then type regedit in the box and select OK The registry will now open.
12. Hit Ctrl+F Type Recycler in the search box . Delete the entry when found. press F3 to find the next occurrance of Recycler and delete.
13. Close regedit.
14. Go to all installed harddrives and so steps 2- steps 6, steps 8 and steps 9.
15. Run your virus software. You should be able to update any virus software that was previously unupdatable.
16. Reboot your computer
17. Verify that that the reycler folder is deleted from you root drive.
18. Then you can uncheck the box in the garbage that you checked in step 7. To keep all you deleted files in case you need to restore a file that was accidentally deleted.
My findings: This virus is recreated using the methods of the garbage bin. Everytime you delete a file it recreates itself because it looks in the garbage and restores or copies the virus information inside. If the virus is not able to be stored inside and is immediately removed when you check the box in step 7. Then it cannot recreate itself and all of its power is lost. So erasing it from the registry and drive ensures that it cannot return.
I frequently get this headache and finally heartache sooo annoying it had brought too much trouble for me. After installing various kinds of software, running them and so on, I found some of them useful and some of them not at all effective.
Even if we make changes in folder options to view all the files and change various settings, searching through regedit etc or following by some software, in most conditions a typical average user lands in confusion and finally some disaster happens to his system.
I found this simple system to effectively remove Recycler virus - Blam to Recycler virus.
1. Go to Desktop, right click on Recycle bin and select properties.
2. Check (select or put a tick mark) on the square box (Do not move files to the recycle bin. Remove files immediately when deleted)
3. Get File zilla FTP which is free and install. (you dont need to change any file settings)
4. without entering any sort of web address anywhere click the directories in the Local site box.
5. Then each directory will display all the folders below this box with file name, file size, file type and last modified.
6. Now check if RECYCLER folder is there. Then simply delete it.
7. Your job is done.
8. Repeat in all the folders by searching if it is sub folders too.
9. Repeat for each directory ( C D E F ...)
After your job is done again go to desktop, right click on recycle bin and then deselect on the square box.
Apr 21, 2010 |
HP Computers & Internet