I wanna install xp on my acer aspire 3690 but i need driver
As stated ive got an Acer Aspire 3690 but windows vista Is very uncomfortable for me : i want to install windows xp sp2 but i need to get first get driver out of the hidden partion......on top of that i dont know if these are xp supported drivers
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, The acer aspire M5641 , usually ships with windows Vista. If you are planning to install windows Xp. You would have to source the windows xp cd. You cannot buy the XP cd from microsoft as windows xp is now and end of life operating system and not sold off the shelf. However if you already have the XP cd with you , you can use the same cd. Note hardware on your acer may not work , because of driver unavailability for XP operating system. However if your system was shipped with , refer to the following video links to guide through the reinstall process
1) go to www.devicedoctor.com 2) Download and install the device doctor software 3) Once installed open it up and click scan, it will then scan your PC for the best driver 4) Download the driver (entitled VGA driver) and install 5) Restart and see if this cured the issue
Try letting Windows update detect and install the coprocessor driver for you. You may have to perform the Windows update a couple of times before the device is detected.
When you start windows update it will give you a list of software and drivers that are available, you will in the list that there are optional updates available. Check there to see if the coprocessor driver is there and install everything except for the language packs.
I would suggest going with XP Pro first off but what you need to do is get into your bios and change the boot priority to the cdrive as the first device then harddrive as second. Put your XP disc in and reboot the computer after a few moments you should see press any key to install ...... this will start you off with the install from here on follow onscreen instructions.
Onsce at windows desktop you will need to get a ton of drivers and this is were the fun comes in. Use support.intel.com for all intel devices inside the system. After that you will have to goto your device manager and see what still needs to be installed. Now you will have to hunt down the manufacures websites and go to there support page and get needed drivers.
If you need more help you may call us at the office 3868487115
generally change Vista to xp should meet driver lost, you may try to saerch from website,
1) key in your computer name and device name such as Acer Aspire m6110 audio driver or video driver on the google, fine out which to match yours, there some driver look like similar you need test each one see what matched.
2) you may try to use Acer aspire similar PC driver disk, possible to find the useful driver in it if you have some those disks, due to most Acer product use same device chips so the driver can compatible 100%
Well yes you can install windows xp without the FDD. But it will be best to first gather all the XP compatible drivers for your Acer Aspire T650 at this link http://global.acer.com/support/index.htm before beginning to downgrade your operating system, burn all your XP drivers into a Disk backup your personal file. Then you can begin the installation.
Windows XP Drivers for the Acer Aspire T180 can be obtained for free at the following sites: Acer Pan-Am Support (Click Desktop, then click Aspire T180) Acer Europe Support (European support site, offers same drivers as Pan-Am site)