Race game starts and cars make a hard right and crashes
On my son's PS 2 He starts any game and it acts like the controller buttons are being held down.
The choices for cars, tracks, etc are shown but the highlighted curser rolls over all of the choices (like it's scanning). If you can get past that point as soon as the counter counts down to start the race the car IMMEDIATELY makes a hard turn to the right and crashes. The controllers don't control. I have tried every conceivable combo, ie. only 1 controller, swaped controllers, rebooted game, tried different games, etc. It seems to meit is in the console itself. Is there a master reset on the console? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: race game starts and cars make a hard right and...
The controller is the problem, not the system so een if there were a master reset it wouldnt work for the controller. Is it a turbo controller? Try hittingg the clear button on the underside of the controller if so. If not, you need to buy a new controller.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your PS3 lags or freezes when loading content from the hard drive, the drive either lacks free space or is faulty. To create more space, try removing items from your hard drive or getting a new hard drive with a higher storage capacity. A faulty hard drive must be replaced.
Hi Trish_Steve, To start the game, simply insert the disc into the Wii, and select the M&M Kart Racing icon from the main menu. The basic controls for the M&M Kart Racing game are below.
IN GAME CONTROLS
CONTROLS ON THE ROAD
D-Pad Left or Right
2-wheel ride (perform stunt, while on curve)
change camera view
A or B Button
- or + Button
enter pause menu
enter wii menu (quit game(
B Button (Hold)
reverse drive (after full-stop)
Rotate Wii Remote Left or Right
Raise Wii Remote Up
jump (while driving straight on the road)
Raise Wii Remote Up
double jump (while at the take-off or hill)
Raise Wii Remote Up
two-wheel stunt drive (while on a curve)
Spin Wii Remote
turbo start (while on the start line) You can also unlock some special carts by collecting certain numbers of coins.
4x4 Jet Convertible Kart
Collect 1000 chocolate coins
Collect 500 chocolate coins
Collect 100 chocolate coins
V24 Super Duty Truck
Collect 200 chocolate coins Hope that helps!
Ok, unless you want to console into your PS3 and manually try to clean it or check to see if a virus is making it act up. I would recommend resetting it to default factory settings.
Hard Reset procedure for the PS3
Be sure to backup your settings/games saves by doing a System >
Backup on your PS3 or you may lose your game saves! Also, this is a
last resort procedure prior to exchanging/returning to sony.
1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.
2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.
3. Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format
via System > Format. (will take approx 3 1/1 hours). You may need
to have our AV cables ready if your using HDMI (in case HDMI isn’t
detected after initial reset).
4. Restore your backup you made prior to doing factory/hard reset (optional, if you created a backup).
Hopefully if there is or was any type of virus it will defiantly be removed. If there is some other type of problem having to do with the hardware, then you are going to have to send it to Sony for a replacement.
You need to RESTORE FILE SYSTEM or RESTORE PS3 SYSTEM. Follow this guide.
HOW TO GO TO THE RECOVERY MENU OF PS3 SYSTEM
1. Make sure the ps3 is plugged in (stand by mode). 2. Put out your usb cable for the controller and the controller itself (do not connect yet). 3. Hold down power firmly, ps3 will turn on and then turn off, release power button when t turns off. 4. Hold down power again, you will hear a beep and then a double beep, when you hear that double beep release the power button. 5. Now you should be seeing something in your monitor that say "Connect usb controller", do just that. 6. After connecting the controller press PS button. 7. You are now in the recovery menu. 8. To fix the problem of corrupt data you can choose #3. 9. If you want to format your hard drive choose #5. Be aware that this option will delete everything that is in your hard drive. 10. Remember that doing #3 and #5 is not 100% to fix the problem of corrupt data, I say about 70%.
Flip the controller over, and press the reset button. It's to the right of the middle-top screw .
You'll need something like a paperclip, toothpick, or something similar
to push the button. Once you've reset your controller, connect it to
your PS3 with a handy USB cable, and press the PS button (just like you
did when you first got the controller). Now, it is paired again, and
you should be OK.
beebe623 was right. with some extra steps. Simple steps here:
1. Unplug the drum receiver.
2. Turn off the PS3.
3. Remove batteries from the Drum Controller.
4. Plug in the Drum Receiver.
5. Put batteries back in drum revceiver.
6. Turn on PS3.
7. Hit the PS button on the Drums once. (all 4 lights should flash)
8. Push and hold down the button on the Drum Receiver for about 5 seconds, then release.
9. Push the PS button again on the Drum Controller. At this point the drums should be assigned a port and synced up.
All this is in the instructions that came with the game.