Question about Zyxel Prestige 660R Router (P660R)
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The $ sign or a hash character before the network key only works with WEP 64 bits on Mac, if you enabled WPA(is it TKIP or AES?) make sure that your Mac computer supports that kind of authentication if not try to lower down the security level on the router by using WEP instead of WPA.
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
Type 192.168.0.1 into your internet address bar. (If this doesn't work try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 or whatever your router's ip is)
It will ask you for a username and password. The defaults are:
username: admin password: admin
username: admin password: 1234
Now find the Wireless Security section, or suchlike, from the menu and choose either WEP or WPA (stronger encryption) and Enable.
Remember to write down your passphrase somewhere safe!
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
To secure youe wireless router, follow these instructions : -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 04, 2013 | NetGear DGND3300 RANGEMAX DUAL BAND...
Sep 30, 2010 | Zyxel Prestige 600WH Wireless Router...
Sep 17, 2010 | Zyxel NBG-417N Wireless Router
May 22, 2010 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
Apr 11, 2010 | Zyxel Prestige 660R Router (P660R)
Aug 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 26, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 30, 2008 | Zyxel Prestige 600WH Wireless Router...
Jul 05, 2017 | Zyxel Prestige 660R Router (P660R)
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!