An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Need to know how to display the Laptop screen onto my...
You either need a Tv-Out card or an adapterTV Out box to connect the Laptop to the TV. Optionally if your Tv has a SCart connector(Google for what that means), you could connect the Laptop directly to the TV, instead of the adapter.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Check the computer for changing output (some computers use <F5>, <F8>, depending on which brand they are. I believe Sony uses <Function><F7> or <F7>). 2. Check what channel the HDMI port is on (e.g. AV1, HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.) - you need to know this if your TV doesn't automatically switch to the new input. 3. Plug the HDMI cable into the TV HDMI cable-in port. 4. Plug the HDMI cable into the laptop HDMI cable-out port.
5. Turn on the computer. 6. Press the <Function><F7> simultaneously ONCE. The screen should flicker and show up on TV. 7. Sometimes you may have to go to "Display Preferences" and select Dual Monitors or external monitor if your computer doesn't do it automatically. Repeat Step 6 after.
** You may have to adjust Display Resolution to 1024 x 768 or lower in order for the TV to work. After it works at a lower display (800 x 600, for example), you can adjust the resolution to the maximum the TV can accept.
Hi, connect your tv to your netbook, once connected, hold down FN (bottom left of your keyboard) then press accquired F button (top of keyboard). Ie on my laptop its FN and F5 together. This will turn your laptop screen off while you watch Netflix on your tv. To turn screen back on once finished, repeat the process. Hope this helps and please rate,, thanks
First off, is the tv set to use the hdmi input? if not, change tv to hdmi input and try again. If still no good, you likely need to tell the laptop to use the hdmi connector. Try this:
connect hdmi from laptop to tv and select hdmi input on tv.
while holding the blue fn key (bottom left side of kbd) press and release the F5 key. This will toggle the laptop between the laptop lcd display, external connectors (vga/hdmi), or both simultaneously. Let me know if this works or not.....
On a dell laptop, the key combo FN F8 cycles through the display options. Laptop screen, External screen, Laptop and External screen at the same time. Try pressing the FN F8 key to get the video to display on both laptop and lcd and the same time. If that doesn't work you can also change the settings on what the laptop does when the lid is closed. Check the power settings in the control panel.