Question about Samsung Refrigerators
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: water in bottom of fridge
Thanks to all who spent money or shared their experience to have somebody do this repair, and I really mean it.
I have a Whirlpool TopLoad Fridge (not a side by side).
Things you'll need
Small socket for cardboard panel on lower back and panel inside freezer
1. Take everything out of freezer
2. Turn dials off in fridge for both compartments
3. Pull fridge out so you can get behind it and unplug it
4. Be vigilant of ice maker line if installed
5. Pull cardboard panel off on back
On the left side you should see the back of the skinny drip pan and a small line. That line goes from the freezer and is most likely clogged.
6. Blow dry the back of the freezer enough so the ice is thawed at the bottom of the back panel.
7. Remove the two screws on the back panel. You may just be able to pull it toward you enough to get behind it. You'll see the coils and fan, and underneath these you may see some ice sheets and there should be a hole. That is the drain line that is clogged. I heated up some water and poured it over the drain to thaw the line. You may want to remove the crisper drawers and put some towels down there to catch the overflow. Once the ice is thawed enough at the drain. Go to the back of the fridge and place the end of the bicycle pump at the bottom of the drain hose. Apply pressure to get a good seal but keep pumping. You may have to go back and forth between pumping and thawing, but you'll know it is clear when you hear air going into the freezer and then the wonderful moment when water drips into the drip pan as advertised!
Keep those fridges less full so that the door stays sealed and keep the seal clean and also keep your doors from having too much stuff so the weight of the door doesn't pull away.
Okay, put it back together, turn everything on and be careful of your cord and lines when pushing the fridge back. Thank the Lord ours has wheels and man,was it cruddy underneath. Vacuum those coils underneath the fridge too for proper air circulation.
Blessings to you!
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
You need to remove the bottom two baskets, or more to make space. Using a hairdryer, defrost the back area. You should be able to locate a drain hole in the center below the freezer coils. This drain hole is connected on the outside to a drainpipe which has a p trap and often gets blocked up. You need to force water down the drain hole. You can use a turkey baster or similar type of plunger filled with water. Once you have cleared the blockage pour hot water till it runs freely. Hope this sorts your problem, don't forget to rate me.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
SOURCE: Water pooling in the fridge.
excess water usuall y means there is a blocked drain tube in the bottom of the fridge.this can be cleared by using a small bottle type brush and run down through the drai hole to clear it.also check the drain tube from the rear of the fridge and make sure there is no obstruction near the drain pan
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
I have a Samsung side by side - model RS253BAWW.
Water was leaking onto floor from main refrigerator, not freezer. It was determined to be a blocked defrost drain.
The repair technician removed the trays and food from fridge, remove the screws from the panel at back, disconnected everything and remove panel.
The stainless tray at bottom of fridge as well as panel itself had solid ice blockage.
He placed panel in sink and used something similar to a blow dryer with narrow hose on it to defrost both the panel and drain in fridge. Took him maybe 15 minutes and charged $99 total for the visit.
In future I will do this myself now that I know how but thought it may be useful information to others who are having similar problems.
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2013 | Samsung RS2630SH Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 07, 2017 | Samsung RFG237AAWP Bottom Freezer French...
Dec 27, 2010 | Whirlpool GB2SHKXL Bottom Freezer...
May 20, 2010 | LG LRFD22850 Bottom Freezer Refrigerator...
Jan 31, 2010 | Roper Refrigerators
Jul 07, 2009 | Samsung Refrigerators
Sep 20, 2008 | Samsung RS2630SH Side by Side Refrigerator
May 08, 2008 | Samsung RS2534 Side by Side Refrigerator
Feb 12, 2008 | Refrigerators
Mar 14, 2007 | Hotpoint HSS25GFP Side by Side...
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!