- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. check the card if its OK.
2. go to device manager & check whether its showing the card reader or not.
3. if showing, then reinstall or update the driver.
4. if still not working take it to a service centre.
Good day sir/maam, you may need a driver for your SD card reader for vista. pop in the cd that came with your notebook to the cd drive. make sure its for Vista.
If still does not work, plug in a non HC sd, like a 1 gig SD card. if it works, then the card reader only supports non hc SD. ( I know it usually supports HC cards ) check also for viruses. there are viruses that can dissable sd card readers. just make sure your laptop is virus free.
Did you ever solved your problem? I noticed the above response is just a spam ad.
I have same problem with Aspire 3680. I recently replaced the HDD and reinstalled Vista Home, all drivers from Acer has been loaded. I even updated the BIOS, updated Vista service packs and all patches.
Sent email to Acer, but of course they want $60 per 1/2 hour. And from the past experience it will take about 2 hours on the phone. Also they have no support forum, and support sucks.
So I'm still stumped. This SD problem with Acer is the only one I couldn't resolve of all brands I've worked on.