Question about Gateway GT5220 PC Desktop
I had a problem with the computer when i couldn't see a thing. So i used system restore to see if it could fix it but then it said NTRL is compressed Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Please help
First you need to boot to the recovery console.
To boot to the recovery console follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer. Click(or press any key) to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. When prompted type "1" or if you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. Now you should be at the comman prompt and ready to repair the ntldr file!
Now all you need to do is enter the following commands(in order) and each command on a new line just like you see them here:
attrib -c ntldr
Your computer should now reboot, and everything "should" work!
Please rate this fixya
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2014 | Acer Aspire 4736Z 4736G 4738ZG 4733Z...
Apr 30, 2013 | E-Machines Computers & Internet
Acer: - Ctrl+Alt+Esc
ALR PC: (F2) or (Ctrl)(Alt)Esc)
AMI BIOS: (Del), (F1) or (F2)
AST, Advantage, Award, Tandon: - Ctrl + Alt + Esc
Award BIOS: (Del) or (Ctrl)(Alt)(Esc)
Sep 27, 2012 | Sun Blade 2500 PC Desktop
Dec 08, 2011 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Feb 22, 2011 | eMachines T6524 PC Desktop
Jun 03, 2010 | E-Machines T3504 PC Desktop
Jan 24, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines T3830 PC Desktop
Jul 12, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
Apr 24, 2008 | Compaq Evo D500 PC Desktop
Jan 03, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 28, 2012 | Gateway GT5220 PC Desktop
541 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: