Question about Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver
It only turns on while on cradle, as soon as I disconect from cradle it turns off. it displays battery charging and battery charged complete messages.
These units seem to be suffering from a bad connection on the inside of the unit. My wife's did the same thing. There was a connection inside that wasn't making contact. First try cleaning the 4 brass connection tabs on the watch and check your charger to make sure the tabs are raised and not squished. Second try to reset the unit. Hit mode reset and power buttons all at the same time. Hold these for 3 seconds and then release. If these do not work here is what I did. There are no screws holding the unit together. I used a exacto blade to very carefully pry the unit apart along the side seam. It's not easy to do. Be very cautious and gentle. Work the thickness of the blade into the joint to gently wedge apart. You are not trying to remove material! Once apart you will see some fingers that make a connection between the upper and lower part of the unit. This is where the problem was with my wife's 305. I gently raised these tabs to make a better connection, It's been working ever since. I didn't try it before but try pressing very hard on the unit where it says Forerunner 305. The case is very hard so it might not work. But if it powers up when pushing you found your problem. Hope this helps. Here is a link I found on opening a 205 (Same process) http://ctorunner.googlepages.com/dismantleforerunner205 To put the unit back together use Automotive silicon/gasket maker. Use a tooth pick to put a VERY small amount of silicon around the entire seam. Put the two half's together and wrap tightly with electrical tape. Test the unit immediately to see if it powers on and off. If it does not open it back up and raise the small prongs that make the connection from the bottom half to the top half. If any silicon squishes out the sides wipe with water and a rag. Let the unit sit over night. In the morning remove the tape.
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2010 | Cell Phones
Jan 16, 2010 | Logitech Harmony One Advanced Universal...
Jan 14, 2010 | Logitech Harmony One LCD Touchscreen...
NOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.In the event of a low backup battery warning, charge the unit immediately before removing the main battery to avoid data loss. To view the amount of charge left in the backup battery, tap Start, Settings, the System tab, and Power.
Charging with the universal desktop cradle and AC adapter Use the universal desktop cradle to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC, or synchronize the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with a computer.
Follow these steps to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the universal desktop cradle:
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet and connect the other end of the AC adapter to the AC connector on the universal desktop cradle.
- Connect the serial or USB cradle cable into the appropriate port on the desktop PC.Figure : Connecting with the cradle
- Slide the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC into the cradle and push firmly to seat it.CAUTION: To avoid damaging the HP iPAQ Pocket PC or the cradle, make sure the pins are aligned before pushing the HP Pocket PC into the cradle.
Figure : Charging with the universal desktop cradle
- AC adapter into electrical outlet
- AC adapter into universal desktop cradle
- HP iPAQ Pocket PC into cradleNOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.There are stabilizers located in the universal desktop cradle that assist in aligning the unit when there is no expansion pack attached. When placing the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with an expansion pack attached into the universal desktop cradle, the stabilizers will be pushed down by the expansion pack. To release the stabilizers for use without an expansion pack, press the button on the back of the cradle.
Charging with the optional USB Autosync cable Charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the optional USB Autosync cable by connecting the Autosync cable to the HP Pocket PC and the personal computer. The HP Pocket PC will be charged using power from the personal computer.
For more information on charging the HP Pocket PC using the optional USB autosync cable, from the Today screen, tap Start, Settings, the Systemtab, Power, the USB Charging tab, Settings, and Help.
Charging a low battery The HP iPAQ Pocket PC will not turn on if the battery has a low charge (less than 3.2 Volts). Fully charge the battery prior to using the HP Pocket PC.
If the charge on the battery goes below the 3.2 Volts as a result of not being connected to the universal desktop cradle or the AC adapter, no damage will occur to the battery. However, the HP iPAQ Pocket PC charge indicator light will not flash until the battery reaches the minimum charge of 3.2 Volts and a normal reset is performed.
Follow these steps to charge and reset the HP iPAQ Pocket PC:
Keep the HP iPAQ Pocket PC connected to the universal desktop cradle or AC adapter when it is not in use.
- Connect the HP iPAQ Pocket PC to an A/C power supply.
- Charge the battery to the minimum level of 3.2 Volts (this will take 5 to 30 minutes depending on the current charge level).
- Perform a normal reset by using the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Turn on the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
Aug 25, 2017 | HP iPAQ H1945 Pocket PC
Aug 05, 2009 | Casio Exilim EX-S880 Digital Camera
Jun 22, 2009 | Casio EXILIM Card EX-S770 Digital Camera
Jun 24, 2008 | T-Mobile Sidekick® 3 Cellular Phone
Sep 14, 2007 | Dell Axim X50v Pocket PC
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: