I am having a problem with our washer. We have had 3 repairs on the dryer. At last maybe it's getting better... Now we are having our clothes torn in the washing machine. It has happened on at least 5 occasions and we are left with clothing with small holes in them. It has happened on several different cycles. The clothes have been newer and in several cases brand new. I called service to come out and he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He thinks that it is the nature of the machine and that it just washes roughly. When I went to the Sears store yesterday they said that they had NEVER heard of anyone with that complain before. Am I the only one??
Sometimes in occasions like this there is 2 possibilities it is a screw from someones pocket that is lodged in the drum or the more common one is a bra wire which is a lot harder to see.use a torch inside the drum and feel with the palm of your hand for any irregularities. good luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
After the odor has been removed washing habits need to change so it doesn't return. Washing machine odor is caused by
1. Overuse of detergent. Use no more than 1 tbsp of whatever detergent is used (unless washing soiled clothing).
2. Using fabric softener because it's dispensed in the rinse cycle. Dryer sheets or dryer balls are better options. Dryer sheets can also be overused and coat the inside of the dryer with siliconized chemicals that cause clothing to retain odors. Sensors inside the dryer can also be affected. The sheets can be torn in half or thirds
3. Using mainly cold water for washing is fine but makes preventive maintenance important. A hot wash or soak as your last cycle on wash day will help to dissolve residue.
4. Many front loading washer have a filter/trap that will catch debris. A partially clogged filter/trap can cause draining problems and odor. Save money on appliance repair by cleaning it yourself. Consult your owner's manual for instruction.
I HAVE SEEN MOST MARKS COMING FROM THE DRYERS. AS THEY AGE, THE FELT AIR SEALS ON THE DRUM DETERIORATE AND THE CLOTHES GET PINCHED BETWEEN THE DRUM AND THE BULKHEAD AT THE REAR OF THE DRUM. OTHERWISE CHECK THE HOLES IN THE WASHER TUB IF YOU HAVE A PORCALIN ON STEEL TUB IN THE WASHER.
We purchace a washer and dryer in Dec 08 Kenmore HE energy star. They started destroying cloth about 2 months after purchace.
under our warranty and many many calls they sent a new set. 2 months later same problem. HELP
There are a couple of guide wheels in the back of the dryer. when they get worn out the tub will have excessive play and will trap clothes inside. Just remove the front cover loosen the belt and remove the drum. the worn wheels will be easy to spot. It is an easy and cheap fix.
The washer could be developing a transmission problem. As the washer agitates, the plastic tub is suppose to remain still. If the transmission is starting to slip, it will also try to spin during the agitate cycle, thus making the clothes become tangled under the agitator.