An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: mozilla firefox keeps asking me to reboot, even when...
This is due to the registry entries that are installed with Firefox. Any major changes to the system registry requires a reboot. However, a reboot in this case is not immediatelly necessary. You can ignore this error and reboot later if you are working on something, or close out all programs and reboot the computer.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
often this is because of a corrupt file somewhere in the install. If you have tried
1. Findind the Mozilla Firefox folder in your computer and using the uninstall icon
2. Going to Control Panel and going to Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features and using that service to uninstall the program
then try to uninstall what you can, do not reboot, and manually delete the Mozilla Firefox files from Program files. Then, load up the Registry editor by going to run-> and typing in regedit
search (ctrl+f) for the word firefox and delete every instance you find.
now, restart your computer normally by going to start and then restarting.
1. Try opening the Firefox in the Safe Mode from Start -> All Programs-> Mozilla Firefox -> Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode) and check.
2. If it opening in Safe Mode, then uninstall any conflicts Add-ons and try.
3. Uninstall the Firefox from the Computer, delete all the Folders of the Firefox from the "Programs Files" and "Documents and Settings" (in XP) or "Users" (in Vista or Windows 7) including the Profile and extension Folder of the Firefox.
4. Restart the Computer and then install the Firefox again.
I also have experienced the same many times already. You go to your start menu> control panel> add/remove programs> remove mozilla firefox.
Then you use another available browser and download Mozilla Firefox again. That works for me. Hope that helps... have a nice day!
Probably the best thing to do is: De-install/remove firefox first (configuration - software, then select mozilla firefox and remove). Reboot computer and then download mozilla firefox and reinstall it.
1. Go to the Mozilla web site and download the newest version of the software. 2. Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall your current version of FireFox 3. Install the newer FireFox you just downloaded.