110 volt photo frame connected to 240 volts outlet in India.
I connected a 110 volt digital photo frame to 240 volt outlet in India without using a convertor thinking that the unit was 110-240 volt unit. One I switched on some fumes started appearing from the unit. What could have possibly gone wrong. Is there a way to fix this.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most phone systems use the same AC adapter (wall block) for the base as they use for the remote charging bases. You may have just fried the base AC adapter. See if that is the case with your system and try the working AC adapter with the base to see if it will work or not. Good Luck.
UNIDEN USE 800 MAH RECHARGEABLE CELLS (3 X 1.2 VOLT = 3.6 VOLTS) IN THEIR BATTERY. SIMPLEST SOLUTION IS TO CATCH HOLD OF THREE AAA RECHARGEABLE CELLS OF 900 MAH RATING OF ANY GOOD COMPANY AND ASK YOUR HOBBYIST FRIEND TO SOLDER THEM IN SERIES AND USE THE CONNECTION TAG FROM THE OLD BATTERY - RED WIRE TO POSITIVE AND BLACK TO NEGATIVE TERMINALS OF THE NEWLY SOLDERED BATTERY. CELLOTAPE THE THREE CELLS TO HOLD THEM TOGETHER. HOPE IT HELPS.
Your phone was severely damaged.
Please contact below service center :
Electronic Repairs, Manila Service: Electronic repair Contact Person: Jun Aguriua Contact Number: 09084534622 Address: Gil Puyat Ave Manila 700 PEDRO GIL COR LM GUERRERO, BGY 697, ZONE 076 MALATE Manila, MetroManila Regards, vote please, GOD bless U
Well not cheaply i suspect, this will have "Blown" the transformer/power circuitry attached, usually though it ruins the entire phone as the instant it is connected everything get DOUBLE the voltage of normal. I suspect it is ruined.
The power supply for the 8825 base is to be 13 volts AC, rated at 850 milliamps or higher. You can go anywhere from 13 up to 15 volts without hurting the unit, and a higher current rating is even better. We actually make them ourselves through bulk purchases of varieties of power supplys. Your next delimma will be the plug size, it is a pretty common size, most universal adapters will have the right size of the outer and inner connections.
most cordless phones need some access to 120 volt power to recharge the internal NiCad batteries. It wouldn't be cost effective to have on hand a bunch of charged batteries that you'd replace on a daily basis. they got to be charged up eventually.