Question about Western Digital 1TB My Passport Essential SE USB 3.0 Portable External, WDBACX0010BBKSN USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The drive may have lost the index or suffered some minor curruption. As it is showing an appropriate amount of space the data is most likely still there.
First and foremost, turn it off and don't use it for anything as any files you copy onto it now could overwrite the missing data. Once you have done that, comment back here with your location(country, state, city).
Once you do that I can refer you to a nearby Data Recovery facility to have your files retrieved.
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
You need to set your boot sequence in the BIOS so that it does not include external drives. Basically your computer is trying to load Windows from the external drive instead of its own internal one.
Your motherboard manual is going to help, if you can't manage it by yourself give me a link to your manual or tell me the model of your motherboard and i will show you what you need to change.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly. 5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
7. It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
You should also do this to cheack the drives connections are not bad inside the enclosure.
8. If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
9. If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
10. ensure that you have set removable drives for "quick removal" or that you use the "Safly Remove Hardware" option often shown on the lower toolbar.It is possible that files my not be fully written to external devices before they are removed. This corrupts the file itself and even on occasion the drive.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
do you have 2 usb cables coming out of the drive
make sure you have plugged both in to usb ports and you mentioned your computer is old htere is a possibility you might have usb1.1 ports which doesnt support 1tb external hard drives
use this guide to chek your usb version http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm
please rate this solution.....
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2014 | Western Digital WD My Passport Essential...
Mar 02, 2014 | Western Digital WD My Passport Essential...
Sep 09, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 15, 2005 | NEC MobilePro 800
Sep 15, 2005 | NEC MobilePro 770
Sep 14, 2005 | NEC MobilePro 880
Sep 14, 2005 | NEC MobilePro 750
Sep 14, 2005 | NEC MobilePro 250e
Apr 12, 2013 | Western Digital 1TB My Passport Essential...
Jun 18, 2012 | Western Digital 1TB My Passport Essential...
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: