Question about Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load Washer
Washer just flashes lid lock.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can check various appliance repair websites for self help manuals, or you can follow these steps:
First of all, unplug your washer. You will need to remove the console in order to get to the lid switch. I believe your washer has release tabs under the console at each front corner. Simply slide a putty knife straight in from the front at each corner and push in while lifting up. You should feel the release tabs push in and the console will pop up. Or, you may have a console that has removable end caps. They can be removed by gently prying up on the top of them from the rear on each side. You may have to use a small screwdriver for this. The caps should pop right off. Once removed, you will need to loosen a screw under each cap. Once you have the console loosened, carefully lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel of the washer in its resting position. Be careful not to damage the small plastic hinges that hold it in place. Now you will need to perform the following steps:
1. Under the console you will find the lid switch connector. Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. You will need to remove these to remove the machine casing. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver away from you while holding into the groove and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Now pull the case from the frame by lifting from the back first.
You do not have to remove it all the way from the frame. Just enough to gain access to the switch. All there is to the switch is a couple of screws holding it in and a ground wire. It's a pretty easy repair job.
Once you've completed your switch installation, make sure you get the case back on the frame correctly by following these steps:
1. While looking down through the lid opening, place the front lip of the machine case UNDER the washer frame and start leaning it back onto the frame. There are four small cleats that must fit into four slots on the case or the washer will vibrate. Make sure the frame is seated properly, lean forward from the front of the washer, grasp both sides of the rear panel and pull towards the case. The rear panel should be seated and flush with the casing before inserting the retaining clips.
2. Insert the brass-colored clips into the slot on the washer rear panel first, then push straight down into the opening on the top of the washer with some force. If you have the case seated correctly, the clips will snap back in.
3. Make sure you plug the connector from the console back into the lid switch receptacle and close the console.
I hope you find this helpful. If you have any questions please let me know by posting comments.
Have you purchased a lid switch yet? Most major appliance repair centers carry them. The price is about $35. If you have not purchased one yet, let me know what your EXACT model number is (located on the rim of the wash tub opening under the lid) and I will locate a part number for you. I hope this information helps you.
Posted on Jan 21, 2008
SOURCE: washer won't start
If unplugging the washer for a few minutes does not reset the main control then the electronic control board is likely shot but the only way to know for sure is to do some electrical testing with a volt/ohm meter and the wiring diagram located within the appliance.
This will help: Repair Manual - Cabrio top loading washer
For Whirlpool Cabrio washer parts CLICK HERE
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
we just bypass them,unless your going to stick your hand in there during spin cycle,-unplug washer,remove the 2 head screws 1 on each side of the head,flip the head up,you will see the lid switch jack in the middle of the top of washer, unplug it,cut the 2 outside wires and wire nut them together,plug back in,put the head back,plug in washer and your done,this way it cost you nothing to fix,the other way would be around $40,let me know how you do-mike
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
"dl"indicates a door lock error. A Door Lock Error occurs if the door cannot be unlocked. It will try to lock it 6 times before displaying the error.
Check for the following when dl occurs:
Thank you !!
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2016 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Oct 12, 2015 | Washing Machines
Jul 22, 2015 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jan 12, 2015 | Whirlpool WTW6400SW Cabrio Washer
Jan 03, 2015 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
May 23, 2014 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Oct 16, 2013 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Apr 01, 2013 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6800W Washer
Sep 03, 2012 | Whirlpool WTW5550XW Energy Star Qualified...
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!