Re: kenmore oasis he 580 washer will not power up, I...
I have had the same thing happen. I unplugged it for a day and when I replugged it in, no spark and the machine worked again. I figure there is an internal over-voltage that get tripped by a faulty component. I frankly think it is just a bad electronic design, but I am investigating.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
LF Error code: LF stands for long fill and occurs when the water level does not change for a period of time after the valves are turned on.
All washers are designed to operate with a water supply pressure of 20-100 PSI. When the pressure drops below 20 PSI the washer can have the following problems:
* Slow Fill- low water pressure reduces the speed at which water flows into the machine. o Verify the pressure at all other water sources in the house (i.e. sinks, showers, etc..). If you find other places where the pressure is low, the problem is not with the machine but with the water supply. * Continuous Fill- The valve may not fully seat under 20 PSI which would allow for a constant flow even when the machine is not supposed to be filling. o Contact the water company to verify the pressure being supplied to the house. * dispenser- Needs a minimum amount of pressure to function. May dispense constantly, at the wrong time, or not at all. o A plumber may need to be consulted if the pressure is found to be too low.
Things you can check :
* Are the Hot and Cold water faucets turned on * Are the water hoses kinked o Make sure all the hose are straight and able to flow water * Are the screen inside the water valve plugged o Inlet valve should be free of debris and rust. o Turn off water and remove the inlet hoses from washer. o Remove any accumulated film or particles. o Assure rubber washers are in the end of each inlet hose. o Reinstall hoses, turn on water and check for leaks.
Error codes can be caused by a Power Surge or other electrical anomaly,attempt to return the washer to operation by following the Hard Reset procedure below.
1. Unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 30 seconds. 2. Reconnect the unit to the power source by turning the breaker back on or plugging the unit back into the wall outlet. 3. Press the Pause/Cancel/Stop button twice to clear the display. 4. Start a short cycle to check the operation of the machine by selecting a cycle and pressing and holding the start button until the machine starts
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.^^^^
NOTE: Be sure to unplug the washer to disconnect electrical power before accessing internal components.
There is a slight possibility that a problem with the pressure switch hose could be causing this problem.
A pinched or twisted air hose can cause this fault code.
When you open the console, check the air hose connected to the pressure switch on the machine control board.
If it is pinched or crimped, I recommend rerouting the hose to resolve this problem.
This may fix your problem without replacing the control board.
NOTE: You may want to check for this condition before ordering the control board. Most electronic control boards cannot be returned for a refund or credit.
If you find no apparent problems with the air hose on the pressure switch, then replacing the machine control board on this washer should correct your problem. There is a risk involved in replacing this part yourself.
As noted above, you could have a problem with the air pressure hose that is not apparent upon your initial inspection. A service technician would normally need to properly and thoroughly diagnose this problem before replacing the control board.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for helping with your FREE question!!!!!!
Disconnect your Kenmore Oasis washing machine from its power source. Make sure that your washer is unplugged before beginning to disassemble it. # 2
Remove the screws that hold the control console to the top of your Oasis washer. In some Kenmore Oasis models, the two screws may be covered by plastic end caps. After removing the screws, set them aside until you are ready to replace them. # 3
Flip the console up, back and out of the way. 4
Locate the cabinet clips on the top of your Kenmore Oasis washer. These clips are located toward the back of the washer top and would be hidden by the console if it were not currently flipped up. # 5
Slide your screwdriver underneath the metal cabinet clips. Wiggle the screwdriver back and forth to gently pry the cabinet clips free. # 6
Disconnect the group of colored wires that plug into the top of the washer from the control console. These wires control the lid switch on your Kenmore washing machine. To disconnect, grasp the white plastic clip and pull gently. # 7
Remove the washing machine cabinet. Tilt the cabinet towards you, and then lift the entire cabinet up and off of its platform.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question!$!$!$
There is no reason or condition that will requir having to doing that for correct operation. That indicates the board as being defective. Just asking if your water is draining correctly? When you start cycle, after it finnishes loading the water, can you get it to drain at all. If you can, the board is the problem.
UL stands for an unbalance load where one side the tub is heavier than the other side.
when the code is displayed, it automatically unlocks the lid so you can go in and reposition the clothes to try and balance it. once you are done, simply press the start button again and it should continue again where it left off. if you push the stop button, it will drain the water and assume the cycle is complete.
unplugging it and replugging it in should allow you to do other wash cycles. press power and you should be able to select wash cycles.
if you still have no control, make sure you still have power at the outlet by plugging in a lamp and turning it on. if no power, find the GFI outlet that controls that outlet and reset it. if not on a GFI outlet, then check the circuit breaker panel for a popped breaker. reset it and power should now be restored.
F51 trouble code is the washer sensor. Try unplugging the system for 1 minute then plug back in and see what happens =. If that does not work then open the back of the washer by the knobs and in the middle there are 3 sensors check which one has a burnt mark on it and replace it. Other thing is to call Kenmore and see if they will come out and replace since this is a VERY serious problem. If you are satisfied with my answer please raate
The motherboard (controller) has died.
You will have to replace the motherboard.
This motherboard is the cause of the dreaded F1 error codes as well.
Look at some of the other posts here for F1 errors.