Mac book not able to see the person that I am talking to
I call my parents and we both installed skype and they can talk to others and things are fine. they all have PC. I have mac and I am able to hear but can't see them. They are able to see me and hear me. I have OSX and I have the latest on firefox.????????
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When using services like Skype or VoipBuster the audio is compressed. Depending on the quality of the internet connection the audio quality will be different. If you or the person on the other side of the line has a bad internet or bad WiFi connection, the compression of the audio will be much stronger, resulting in a worse audio quality.
Another problem that occurs many times is an audio feedback. If you, or the person you're talking to uses a microphone and computer speakers, the audio coming out of the computer speakers can be captured by the microphone and be amplified again. It forms a feedback loop and creates an echo. The best thing to do is that you both use a good quality headset instead of putting the audio over computer or iPad speakers.
For your iPad, you can buy the Apple EarPods. They are affordable and contain a microphone to make Skype calls with your iPad.
You own a iPad, which is a device of high quality. If the person you're talking to has a crappy phone or bad hardware, the quality will be bad. The advice then is that that person buys a device that has a higher quality than he or she is using now.
If the person cannot hear you then, either your microphonedriver not installed or not working OR the microphone is not configured inSkype. To test your microphone then click on Start - All Programs - Accessories -Entertainment - Sound recorder. Then record your voice and then play it back.If this is OK then the microphone need to be configured in Skype. To configure the microphone - Open Skype - Tools - Options -Audio Settings for the Microphone THEN click on Save.
1. First you must download the skype software and signup for a free account. You can do all of this at http://www.skype.com
2. You must make sure that you have a webcam, either built into your computer or a third party webcam that you bought in order to do video conferencing. If you want to do just voice, you need to make sure you have a mic. USB mics for $10 do a really good job and you can get them from any computer retail shop.
3. Once you sign up and make sure all the equipment is hooked up you need to search/find the person you want to skype with who has hopefully performed the same first 2 steps you have and sent you there username via email or some other method.
4. Once you find them through the skype built in search you should have an option to call that person, click on the icon that looks like a phone.
5. This should ring on the other persons computer and all they have to do is click on the answer button that pops up and you should be talking to each other.
Other than the signup and making sure you have a mic or webcam plugged into the computer all the steps can be done from within the skype software you downloaded above.
Hope this helps you on your way,
Download Skype software. Have the other person download the software as well. Once both of you have installed the software and created skype accounts you will be able to chat with video. Both parties will need high speed internet though.