My HT-DS610 has become selective in the movies that it will load and playback. At first I could watch all my movies and then over the corse of a couple of weeks, it started to not load them. I know it's not the DVDs because I can still watch them through my PS2. I've searched Samsungs website, but they don't have a thing about this model other than the user manual. Is anyone else having or had this problem and is there a way to correct it other than using a sledge hammer to vent my frustration and purchasing a different brand of home theater??
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Unable to read/play DVDs
You may have a dirty laser lens on the slider assembly. If you clean this little lens, and the problem still happens, it is an indication that the laser is getting weak and it may be time to start looking around for a new player/recorder. Good Luck
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can use your Xbox controller as a remote control to watch media. Here are the actions for each button:
Play or pause
Note If the DVD is bookmarked, it will start playing automatically where it was stopped the last time you viewed it.
Skip back one chapter
LB or A, then select skip back
Skip forward one chapter
RB or A, then select skip forward
Page up through a list of items.
Page down through a list of items.
Open the on-screen display for more advanced playback controls.
1. DVD has lots of scratches 2. Regional Settings 3. Incorrect DVD settings for PS2 4. No/Incorrect Disc
1. Clean your discs well and avoid incurring scratches. Place it in its box after use. 2. DVDs have encoding. They are encoded by regions. Thus, you cannot play region 2 DVDs on a US Playstation mainly because the US Playstation 2 can only read DVD that are encoded in Region 1 or those DVDs that are encoded for all regions. Again, US PS2 are region 1 capable. Japanese PS2s are Region 2 Capable. 3. There are a number of settings for the DVD playback of your PS2. First is the rating of the DVD. If you want to watch a rated R movie, make sure your PS2 allows viewing of R movies. You'll be setting this during the first time that you'll be watching a DVD. It's just the same as real theaters. It is also protected with password so you need the person who set it up the first time in order to bypass the rating settings.
4. Put in a DVD first and make sure that it is a Movie. And, check #2.
The Rating menu allows you to block playback of DVDs based on their ratings. Setting the Password & Rating Level The DVD player allows you to block playback of inappropriate content with a passwordprotected Rating system (not all discs are rated). A. From Stop mode, press SETUP. B. Select Rating and press ENTER. C. Select Rating and press ENTER repeatedly to set the rating from 1 (most restrictive) to 8( least restrictive ). If a password has already been set, the lock icon will be closed. You will not be able to select Rating until you SELECT the correct password using the 0-9 keys. D. Select Password. E. Use the 0-9 keys to SELECT a 4-digit password and press ENTER. The lock icon will close to indicate that the rating and password are set. F. Press SETUP to save and exit. Not all DVDs are rated. DVDs that are rated higher than the level you select will not play without SELECTING the correct password. If you forget your Rating password, select 8888 to clear the memory. Keep this password out of reach of children as if will always unlock the Parental Control setting.
If you need more help you can get the full manual from http://www.retrevo.com
I had this same problem and checked all of my cables and wires. Come to find out one of the wires that connected to the central audio speaker (the one that the audio track comes from) was unplugged. I plugged it in and that fixed it! My audio track is back! So make sure that all of the speaker cables are properly connected! That might be the source of your troubles!
1. Open tray and remove any disks in
2. Close tray.
3. Switch Off Player and Unplug from mains wait
30 seconds (this clears RAM)
4. Reconnect to mains
5. Turn on player with remote.
6. Press ENTER on remote.
7. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9. Using keys on remote. If
your player is already set to region 2
8. Press ENTER on remote. (The tray will open and
player will power off and close tray.)
9. Switch on power from remote.
What program are you trying to use to play these movies? Windows Media Player will play some, but not others - I highly recommend Nero, WinDVD, PowerDVD or similar programs.
Question - are you able to browse the contents of the DVD drive in My Computer? Even if the movie doesn't play, you can still see the files (there will be an AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS folder, which a bunch of VOB files under the latter).
If you can see the files, but movies won't play, you just need the appropriate DVD playback software.
I found this online. Don't know if it helps you guys or not?
1. Remove any discs from the tray 2. Flash the RAM (disconnect from the mains for 30 seconds) 3. Plug it back in, switch on from the remote 4. Wait for "No disc" message 5. Press Enter. 6. Press 8,4,2,6,9 slowly. 7. Press Enter. You may need to repeat steps 4 through 6 before the try is open.