Question about Computers & Internet
First try boot options.
On start up press F8, you get different boot options listed.
Select "last known good configuration"
If this doesn't work, try "boot into Safe Mode". Then restart once safe mode loads.
If neither of these work, you may have to attempt a "repair" of windows.
Get a Windows Vista Operating system disk (same version of Vista, Home or Premium).
1. Boot from it (put it in CD drive and restart the laptop).
2. If you still get the same problem start up, you need to set the laptop to boot from CD.
3. Restart laptop, press Delete key or F2, or F12 (it should say one of these on the screen) to enter the Setup. or another key to get "boot options"
4. In Setup (BIOS) Use Right Arrow to find the Boot Options. Use the instructions to move the CD-ROM to first position, above HDD (hard drive). Press Esc, then F10 to save your changes and exit.
5. The Windows Setup CD Rom should now run. It should come to a screen where you are asked to press R to repair windows.
6. When it comes to the command prompt, restart the laptop
Hopefully the laptop should boot OK again.
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Sep 29, 2010 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
May 11, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Jan 06, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Oct 14, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 Notebook
Aug 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 18, 2008 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Mar 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
438 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!