Question about Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Windows process comes on. Then goes to picture of acer notebook.
Windows not loading. ?? Next, black screen then asks to enter last known configuration. no choices work.
This may require a "repair" of windows.
Get a Windows XP Operating system disk with the correct service pack that the notebook has installed (usually XP SP2).
1. Boot from it (put it in CD drive and restart the laptop).
2. If you still get the same problem start up, you need to set the laptop to boot from CD.
3. Restart laptop, press Delete key or F2, or F12 (it should say one of these on the screen) to enter the Setup. or another key to get "boot options"
4. In Setup (BIOS) Use Right Arrow to find the Boot Options. Use the instructions to move the CD-ROM to first position, above HDD (hard drive). Press Esc, then F10 to save your changes and exit.
5. The XP CD Rom should now run. It should come to a screen where you are asked to press R to repair windows.
6. When it comes to the command prompt, restart the laptop
Hopefully the laptop should boot OK again.
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
During the boot process you will see on the screen to press a certain key to enter setup
Press and hold that key during the boot up process to enter BIOS you can load failsafe defaults or load optimized defaults ,press escape then press f10 to save to cmos to restart
hope this helps
Jan 07, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Dec 22, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 4010 Notebook
Oct 22, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Sep 15, 2010 | Acer Aspire ONE D2501719 16 GHz Intel Atom...
Jun 06, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
May 10, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Mar 28, 2010 | Acer Aspire One A150-1006 Notebook
May 10, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jan 17, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!