How to fix the various issues with Belkin Basic, Surf, Share, Play, PlayMax Routers ?
- Connect the DSL Modem to Router in the port named Modem (usually yellow in color) using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the Computer to the Router in one of the 4 ports named wired (usually grey in color) using another Ethernet cable.
- Open internet explorer / Firefox or any of your default web browser.
- In the address bar type the default gateway address of Belkin router 192.168.2.1
- Belkin router setup page (RSP) will be displayed.
- Login to the page. (password: leave it blank and click submit)
On the left side below the "utilities" select firmware update and check the current firmware version of your router.
In these updated firmwares all the problems related to various issues have been fixed.
download the latest firmware and update it.
After updating the firmware click on restore factory defaults found below the "utilities" and restore it.
then configure your router according to your internet service provider...For Cable ISPs click here...For embarq and centurylink ISPs click here...
For DSL & Satellite ISPs click here....To configure the wireless part except for play & playmax click here...