Question about Lexmark X 264dn - multifunction Laser Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Reset Procedure(s) after installing new photoconductor kit
Resetting the Lexmark E340/342 (display type) machines
1) Turn the printer off
2) While still off, press and hold the SELECT and RETURN buttons.
3) Keep both buttons pressed, and turn the printer on. Continue to hold both until either “Performing self test” or “Config menu”
appears on the display.
4) Release the two buttons
5) RESET PC CNT should now show on the display. If it does not, press the left or right menu buttons until it does.
6) Press the SELECT button once. “Resetting PC Cnt Value” should show on the display.
7) When the display shows CONFIG MENU again, turn the printer off.
8) Turn the printer back on. (Do not hold any buttons down this time). The printer is reset.
You can confirm the counter was reset by printing a “menu settings page”.
Posted on Oct 24, 2008
SOURCE: Lexmark E232 photoconductor
Make sure to install the new photoconductor 1st.
1) Power off the printer using the switch in the back.
2) Open the front cover.
3) Press and hold the Continue button (Big silver button with Diamond shape symbol) and power the printer On (turn the switch back to ON).
4) When you see the last light i.e. error light on solid, release the Continue button and close the front cover.
5) When you close the cover you will see all the top 3 lights on solid.
6) Press the cancel button with X symbol for 4 times very slowly till you see toner low light (i.e. second light from top) on solid.
7) Press the continue button and wait until you see the light sequence.
8) Press the cancel button and wait until you see the light sequence.
9) Finally power off the printer using the switch in the back (IMPORTANT= wait 1 minute) and power it back on to exit the configuration mode.
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
SOURCE: my Lexmark E250d will not
Here is how to reset the photoconductor kit counter:
1. Make sure the new kit is installed and the printer is turned ON.
2. Open the front panel.
3. Hold the Cancel button in until the front panel LEDs flash.
4. Close the front panel
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
Following are the steps that you have to follow:
1. Press and hold Start
2. turn on the printer
- this is service mode -
- by pressing the Start you can print Printer Settings Configuration sheet -
3. press and release Cancel 4 time
4. Press and hold Start while all lights start cycle
5. press and hold Cancel untill all the light cycle
6. turn the printer off to exit the menus
Posted on May 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
This article provides the self-diagnostic
steps necessary to evaluate top-to-bottom streaks that appear when
copying or scanning.
Important! This is seldom a scanner hardware failure.
The main reason for this anomaly is debris or marks on the scanner glass that is used for Auto document feeder (ADF) page scans.
Printed or Scanned Page Illustration
Who should consider this article?
Any user of an MFP or All-In-One printer experiencing the following symptoms:
Think of it this way:
Suggested Diagnosis and Fix
Step Action 1 Locate the portion of the glass designated for ADF scans.
HINT: The glass location differs by model. This area is often separate from the scanner flatbed. Please reference User's Guide for more information if you are having a difficult time locating this designated area.
2 Perform a visual inspection for any of the following recurring culprits:
If... Then... Vertical lines appear only when printing... Consider other printer-related topics such as toner cartridge, charge roll, photoconductor, transfer roll, or fuser. Contact Lexmark Technical Support. Vertical lines appear when you lay the page on the flatbed... Consider other printer-related topics such as toner cartridge, charge roll, photoconductor, transfer roll, or fuser. Contact Lexmark Technical Support. Vertical lines appear on ADF-fed printed copies, but they do not appear on scan-to-network [e-mail, FTP, folder (PC), solutions]... Consider other printer-related topics such as toner cartridge, charge roll, photoconductor, transfer roll, or fuser. Contact Lexmark Technical Support.
May 01, 2012 | Lexmark International LEX90T9005 Inkjet...
May 29, 2017 | Lexmark E250dn Laser Printer
Feb 01, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 26, 2010 | Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
Oct 01, 2010 | Lexmark E332n Laser Printer
Jul 26, 2010 | Lexmark C532n Color Laser Printer
Aug 12, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 24, 2009 | Lexmark C530dn Laser Printer
Sep 25, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 12, 2007 | Lexmark E238 Laser Printer
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: