Question about Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
It's a new printer but I've cleaned too often and the waste absorber error won't let me print, so I need to somehow reset it. It's clean.
You ink absorber is full
1. Download canon service mode tools v3400 from the net.
2. Set the printer in Service Mode: - power OFF the printer bu Power button. Dont disconnect power cable
- connect the printer by USB cable to the PC.
- press and hold Resume button (red triangle in the red circle) and press Power button
- hold both buttons until power on indicator will light then release resume button (dont release Power button) and press Resume button 5 times
- release all buttons - the printer will blink few times with green light and will then light green constantly. You have put the printer in Service Mode now and you can now run the Service Tool. (If the printer is still blinking by green - you have some other errors in printer and you have to fix them first, because the Service Tool will not work if the printer is not put in service mode - green light is constant)
3. Run the Servicetools V3400.exe program.
4. Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
5. In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
6. From the Counter Value(%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before replacement of the logic board, and click SET.
Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly set to the EEPROM.
Posted on Jan 20, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Waste ink tank / absorber
you need to dismantle the printer by opening the scanner lid, pinging the blue arm out of the white retainer with a screw driver, flip the scanner lid right over onto the desk on the LH side of the printer - it will come off its hinges for this. lay it lid down on the LH side of the printer - be careful not to snap the power and data cable connecting with the base. Next you have to remove the 4 retainer screws in order to remove the plastic cover over the rest of the base. The pad and ink box are at the rear on the right hand side.
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
SOURCE: mp170 waste ink absorber full
The waste ink absorbers on this machine are under the print engine and cover the entire bottom of the printer. You have to have access to the diagnostic program on the printer to reset the error codes.
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
SOURCE: waste ink absorber
This is the ink counter reset instructions:
1. Service mode: Menu->Scan->Copy->Scan( one at a time in sequence)
2.Select "test mode"
3.Select "(8) ETC
4.Select "(4) EEPROM CLEAR
5.Select "(1) INK COUNT
6. press the OK button
7. Press the STOP/RESET button(returns you to the TEST MODE sub-menu
8. Press the ON/OFF button (which resets the printer).
There you go.
Posted on May 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 18, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP8500 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 29, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 26, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One Printer
Aug 31, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 13, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 24, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP450 All-In-One InkJet...
1,984 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!