How do you replace the fan on a Fujitsu s2210 laptop?
How to Replace a Fujitsu LifeBook S2210 Fan
1. Follow your laptop owner's manual and assembly guide carefully as you disassemble the laptop. Touch something metal periodically to remove static charge, and work on a large table with a bright light source.
2. Turn off the laptop and unplug it. Remove the main battery, DVD drive , Ac adapter and the hard drive. The hard drive is usually located in a slot on one side of the laptop. Remove the screw that holds the cover in place, then pull out the hard drive, screen sled.
3. Turn the laptop over and remove the screws on the bottom that hold the keyboard in place. Flip the laptop over, open it, then lift the keyboard up and out. Unplug the flexible ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
4. Remove the screws that hold the laptop keyboard bezel and palm rest in place. Carefully pry loose any plastic snaps on the sides, then lift the bezel and palm rest up and out.
5. Unplug the Fujitsu LifeBook S2210 CPU Cooling Fan. Remove the screws that hold the heat sink and fan in place, then remove the entire unit from the laptop. Remove any thermal compound residue from the bottom of the heat sink and the CPU.
6. Apply a thin layer of thermal compound on the CPU, then replace the heat sink and cpu cooling fan. Replace the screws, plug the Fujitsu LifeBook S2210 Fan back in, then reassemble the laptop.
7. Plug the laptop in and turn it on. After you use it for a few minutes, you should hear the new Fujitsu cpu cooling fan running and feel warm air blowing from the vent on the side of the laptop. A Fujitsu LifeBook S2210 Fan does not run continuously, so don't be concerned if the Fujitsu LifeBook S2210 Fan shuts off periodically.
Jun 26, 2011 |
Fujitsu LifeBook A series AH550 NoteB......