Question about Jason Telescope Model 518 By Bushnell

Open Question

Is there a lens in the end of the 518 telescope

Posted by on


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to use meade telescope 60AZ-T ?

The whole unit is a "scope". What you mean is the objective lens to the eyepiece lens. Usually the wide end is pointed at the object or scantily clad person that you wish to view, and your eye is placed near the small diameter lens at the other end. If you have it reversed, it will work as a microscope.

May 06, 2012 | Meade Optics

1 Answer

Purchase a 263/525 Reflector Telescope put it together, took off the eyepiece lens caps, but still unable to see anything. Does the end filter of telescope need to be removed?

The picture in your post is NOT a reflector style telescope:

This is a reflector:

Notice that the eyepiece is in the FRONT side of the scope. Take the front lens cap off-- the primary mirror is on the BOTTOM of the tube.

Apr 13, 2011 | Vivitar (1607225) Telescope

1 Answer

Which end piece do I remove,the one closest to the view finder ?

The end with the focuser is the UP end of the telescope. This is a reflector style telescope with a mirror in the BOTTOM. Take off the lens cap on the UP end near the focuser.

Oct 07, 2010 | Bushnell Voyager 78-9945 Telescope

1 Answer

Missing lens

This is going to be very difficult to replace. However you can try contacting this company to see if they can order the part? Tasco does not sell replacement parts directly to the public.

Jul 05, 2010 | Tasco Specialty 25x30 1AGST Brass Spyglass...

1 Answer

One side has black cover over lens does that stay on.

Remove the lens cap. The eyepieces go on the small end of the telescope.

Jul 03, 2010 | Tasco Starguide Computerized 80mm...

1 Answer

I dont have a clue which end is suppose to be facing upward.

If you have a telescope with a MIRROR then the end with the focuser is pointed UP.

If you have a telescope with a lens in the front and and the focuser on the end, then the end with the lens is pointed up.

Read this and look at the pictures that show which end is UP:

Mar 25, 2010 | Galileo New Age 800x80 Telescope

1 Answer

I can not focus the finder scope

Most finders focus by either turning the lens, or the eyepiece portion of the finder. Look through the eyepiece at a distant object and try turning one or the other as described above.

Jan 18, 2010 | Bushnell Deep Space 78-9512 (120 x 60mm)...

1 Answer

Things are upside down looking thru the eyepiece on main telescop

If things are upside down in your telescope, you probably have a reflector has curved mirror in the sealed end.take off the cover near the finder and point in the general direction of what you want to see.Make adjustments with the stuff on the mount.If you are viewing terrestrial objects, you will need an inverting lens to correct the image.It is called a Barlow lens and is much longer than the other lenses that come with the telescope.Good Luck

Mar 25, 2009 | Edu-Science (10166) Telescope

Not finding what you are looking for?
Jason Telescope Model 518 By Bushnell Logo

Related Topics:

34 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jason Optics Experts


Level 3 Expert

12962 Answers

Davy Smith
Davy Smith

Level 2 Expert

74 Answers

Are you a Jason Optic Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides