This should help you setup your calculator to do graphing.
Prepare calculator to graph
the functions to draw (assuming you want to draw y= functions)
- Press [MODE] key.
- In Mode set up screen, make set the angle unit (if you
are drawing trigonometric functions)..
- Use the arrows to move cursor to 3rd line to highlight
degree or radian and press [ENTER]. The important thing is that you be
aware of the unit so that you do not get unexpected results.
- On same screen, verify that Func
is highlighted. If you are drawing PARametric plots, POLar plots or
SEQuence plots, you highlight the relevant item in the list
- If it is not, use arrow to highlight Func
[ENTER] to validate.
- Do not worry if you do not have exactly the same screen
as in the screen picture (We may have different OS Versions)
- Press [Y=] to enter function editor.
- Type in a function
[ENTER] at the end of each function.
- Before pressing [GRAPH], make
sure that all the = signs that define the functions to be graphed are
highlighted white on black. If one is not highlighted, use arrow to move
cursor on the sign and press [ENTER].
- In the screen capture 4 functions are slated to be
the Graph Style (You may ignore this now, because it is unimportant for
just one graph)
- Select the graph style:
The small piece of line to the left of a Y that defines a function is
- Move cursor on it and press [ENTER] .
- Each [ENTER] (on same
line) selects another style.
- On the next screen you have all the styles available on
- Do not select the bubble on line 6: It is for
animations. It will not leave a trace at the end of the plot.
- Press [GRAPH] to see the graphs.
- If one of them is missing, verify that its = is still
use the [WINDOW] to set the Window dimensions,
- Here are the dimensions of the standard window
You can also press [ZOOM] to adjust.
selection 6:ZStandard sets the dimensions
as on the screen
Titled Window (above).