Question about Electrolux Ovens
Replacement outer glass
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Kitchenaid Oven
I believe the entire door must be removed first. then remove every screw that you can find and draw a picture where they came from. then split the door open like opening a clam. then you may find additional screws to remove the glass
Posted on Jun 02, 2007
SOURCE: Oven door outer glass shattered
will need a model number to tell you the correct price ... most will have to replace the door... you can also give sears a call .. if you gripe loud ... they may replace it for you...
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
open door and along top you will see 2 screws undo but hold door at same time then just lift out and clean.
hope this helps
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
We removed the front glass of our oven door after a big spill between the two glass sections (by blunt force!). Since it took us 4 hours to put back together, we wanted to spread the info in case any others have the misfortune to make this mistake! Note, I wouldn't do this unless you have to, just incase you can't get your door back together again.
Assuming the back sheet of oven glass is still in position, but the front sheet is not attached -
1. Follow the manual instructions to remove the door, ensuring that both hinges are locked fully (otherwise you won't be able to get the door back on easily)
2. Once the door is removed, ensure that the plastic spacers that hold the two sheets of glass apart are in original position, resting on the inner door, at the bottom corners of the tempered glass
3. Remove the narrow metal strip at the bottom of the inner door by unscrewing the 3 screws that hold it in place. This is the metal groove that the outer pane of glass needs to rest in
4. Lay the outer sheet of glass in position in this metal strip
5. Lay the outer sheet of glass over the inner door. Slot the outer sheet into position at the top of the inner door first, ensuring it is layed flush at the top.
6. A second person needs to ease the metal strip back into place at the bottom of the inner door, so that the two sheets of glass are now held together at both top and bottom.
7. Screw the metal strip back into position with the 3 screws
8. Follow the manual instructions to replace the door. Ensure that the small grooves at the bottom of both hinges are resting in position correctly, otherwise the door will not close flushly.
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
SOURCE: Remove Outer Glass Of Oven Door
On my Zanussi ZDF 866 it goes like this:-
Rest the door with its top edge on your work surface. Once the bottom two screws are removed, pull the outer glass away from the bottom edge of the door just enough so that the brackets fixed to the outer glass (into which those two screws went) clear the bottom edge of the door. Then pull the outer glass up towards you parallel to the door (there are now screws hoplding the top edge on this model).
It may need one side to be pulled and then the other to release it from the metal slot at the bottom.
I would recommend great care with this given that a) your door may be different, b) it could be held more tightly and c) you are dealing with glass. Recommend taking all precautions including eye protection and suitable gloves. Proceed slowly and carefully (this did not need much force on my door). If you're not sure at any stage, choose discretion and either give up or pay someone to do the job to avoid paying for a new glass or hurting yourself.
Hope this may help someone.
Posted on Jan 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2016 | Miele Ovens
Mar 28, 2015 | Electrolux Ovens
Jan 28, 2015 | Electrolux Ovens
Jan 05, 2011 | Ovens
Feb 22, 2010 | Electrolux EOU6330 Electric Double Oven
Apr 01, 2009 | Ovens
Mar 19, 2009 | Ovens
Nov 21, 2008 | Ovens
Apr 28, 2008 | GE ZSC2001FSS Advantium Electric Single...
Oct 01, 2017 | Electrolux Ovens
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: