Question about Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router (F5D82314)
Here’s a very short summary of how to create a home network:
1) Create a named Workgroup (computer network name).
In Windows, the defaults are MSHOME or WORKGROUP, but you can choose your own
2) Add computers to the named Workgroup
3) Enable file and/or printer sharing.
Here are some resources to help you:
1. Windows XP has a wizard to walk you through it - see tutorial here
2. For Vista, try this link for a detailed overview: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx
These links might help too:
3. When it comes to sharing folders, there are two main ways to do this. You can either 1) right click the folder and enable sharing through the shortcut menu., or 2) add the file/folder to ‘Shared Documents’ (for XP) or ‘Public Folder’ (for Vista).
Hope this helps, but please come back to Fixya if you have any difficulties. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2012 | Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router...
Sep 05, 2011 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
May 09, 2011 | D-Link Xtreme N Wireless-N Gigabit Router...
Jan 01, 2011 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Nov 16, 2010 | Belkin N1 Wireless-N Wireless Router
May 31, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Router wireless router
Mar 06, 2010 | Belkin Wireless-G Plus MIMO Router with...
Jul 17, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7001) 802.11g/b Wireless...
Sep 01, 2008 | Belkin Modem connector (R6G064-R-50)
Aug 12, 2008 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
May 16, 2017 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Feb 23, 2018 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
280 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!