Question about Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router (F5D82314)
Here’s a very short summary of how to create a home network:
1) Create a named Workgroup (computer network name).
In Windows, the defaults are MSHOME or WORKGROUP, but you can choose your own
2) Add computers to the named Workgroup
3) Enable file and/or printer sharing.
Here are some resources to help you:
1. Windows XP has a wizard to walk you through it - see tutorial here
2. For Vista, try this link for a detailed overview: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx
These links might help too:
3. When it comes to sharing folders, there are two main ways to do this. You can either 1) right click the folder and enable sharing through the shortcut menu., or 2) add the file/folder to ‘Shared Documents’ (for XP) or ‘Public Folder’ (for Vista).
Hope this helps, but please come back to Fixya if you have any difficulties. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2011 | Belkin (F6D42304) Wireless Router
Sep 05, 2011 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Jun 04, 2011 | Belkin Share N300 Wireless N Router
Jan 01, 2011 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Oct 03, 2010 | Belkin Wireless Share Router (F7D3302)
May 31, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Router wireless router
Nov 12, 2009 | Belkin F5D8631-4 Router (F5D8631au4A)
Mar 17, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Aug 12, 2008 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
Feb 24, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
278 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!