Question about ASUS A7T-A1 Notebook
When i push the power button the lights light up then turn off an nothing
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 19, 2010
SOURCE: II have an Asus 51
try takeing out the batt and leave the mains plugged in, if it turns on then you batt has gone...... bye a new one ...................... hope that helps
Posted on Jan 09, 2011
At this point, you need to contact ASUS by going to their web site, or calling their toll-free number, if you have it. They are going to have to provide assistance on this. Hopefully, this laptop is still under warranty.
Otherwise, maybe someone else here can give you a better idea of how to solve this problem.
Posted on Jul 13, 2012
Testimonial: "Thanks I had turned it off manual shut down and wouldn't so i unplugged from wall only thing I could do at the time since it wasn't shutting off by self , I did forgfet to mention prior to it not shutting down it turned off by itself and rebooted till i unplugged it from wall to shut down, then I went to turn it on and all i hear is this clicking sound but no power up."
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2017 | ASUS U50F Notebook
Dec 03, 2010 | ASUS A7T-A1 Notebook
Sep 18, 2010 | ASUS A7T-A1 Notebook
Oct 07, 2009 | ASUS P4B533-E (P4B533-E/L/1394)...
Oct 02, 2009 | ASUS A7T-X1 (90NHIA5233142CAL300) PC...
Sep 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: