Question about Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
For some time the half screen disappeared when you apply pressure to top rim around the screen! Dell Inspiron 1501
I posted this for my Dell Inspiron 1545 with a failing LCD Display (Right Half would display colored vertical lines).
Adding some pressure to the LCD display may provide temporary or perminant fix. I think the issue is that the ribbon cables that connect to the display become losley connected. The process I used, included removing the LCD screen, and placing a paper spring beind the diplay PCB:
1. Remove the LCD
- Pull off the 6 feet around the screen.
- Remove the screws behind them with 3mm jewel cross tip screw driver
- Carefully pry off bezel with a small flat tip screwdriver (used 3mm). Pressing gently toward the center of the screen helps unlock the plastic latches. Working your way around it. The bottom is trickey, so do it slowly. The bottom requires working the flat tip screwdriver slowly across the entire surface of the bezel.
- Once the bezel is removed there are simply 4 screws on the left and 4 more on the right of the LCD to remove. Pull out screen carefully.
- Original auther suggested "start stacking bits of tape on the spot where pressure seems to work best."
- I cut a 1/4th of a piece of 8-1/2 x 11 paper, folded it 4 times, and inserted it between the green PCB and the translucent plastic protection covering the entire PCB. I did this directly behind the location where the ribbon cable connectes into the PCB assembly. This applied enough pressure to keep whatever was loose connected.
I still get the screen distortion when I hold the screen in certain spots. May add more spring to the PCB in the future, or purchase a new working LCD assembley from EBay.
Total job was < 30 minutes.
Posted on Mar 30, 2012
What your describing is a failure of the LCD or possibly the inverter cable connection to the LCD. Most likely an LCD replacement will be required.
LCDs run around $150 on Ebay
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Jan 12, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Dec 28, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Oct 31, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1521-JB Notebook
Oct 06, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Oct 03, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Aug 26, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Dec 31, 2008 | Dell InspironTM 1501 Notebook
326 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!