Question about Bose LifeStyle 5 Series-III CD Shelf System
I have several cube speaker covers/grills that are damaged and I would like to replace them. Any ideas where I can find replacement covers?
Thanks! (Acustimass 7 series)
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Bose Cube Speakers separated
I had the same problem with a Bose separated double-cube Acoustimass speaker/array but was able to fix it as follows:
small, thin, flat-head screwdriver
1. Disconnect the speaker wires from the cube.
2. Remove the grille from the top speaker cube. It just pops off.
3. Insert a small, thin, flat-head screwdriver around the perimeter of the speaker. You will have to pry lightly to break the glue’s seal.
4. Using a set of pliers (large, plumber-sized) wiggle the speaker until it comes free. You might need to grip it top to bottom and then left to right. The speaker will come free of the case.
5. Remove the white insulation to get a clear view of the dislodged brace/connector.
6. Stack the top and bottom cubes. Make sure that the rubber seal between the cubes is seated properly and that the black and white cables are not pinched.
7. Using the C-clamp, compress the brace/connector until it seats on one side. Loosen the C-clamp and compress the opposite side. The brace/connector should snap into place. Be sure the make sure that you do not pinch the speak wires that are running through the center of the brace/connector.
8. Test the articulation. It should be the same as your other speakers.
9. Replace the white insulation in the back of the speaker case.
10. Press the speaker into the case’s face. If you wish, you can apply your preference of glue to the edge of the speaker prior to pressing it into the case.
11. Snap the grille onto the speaker.
12. Connect the speaker wires to the cube and you are done.
You should be good to go.
Posted on May 17, 2008
try a music specialty store or radio shack if you want to only replace the small speakers inside the cubes. If you want to replace the whole cube, there are others out there. Look on ebay and or amazon I think the brand is JA Audio. A knock off of the bose cubes that can be used as stand alone speakers without the module.
Posted on Mar 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2016 | Bose Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 28, 2009 | Bose Lifestyle 38 System
Jun 08, 2009 | Bose Lifestyle 12 System
Mar 16, 2009 | Bose Acoustimass 3 IV System
Jan 05, 2009 | Bose Acoustimass 15 System
Nov 09, 2008 | Bose Lifestyle 12 System
Sep 08, 2007 | Bose Acoustimass 5 III System
Aug 29, 2007 | Bose Lifestyle 12 System
Mar 26, 2006 | Bose Acoustimass 15 System
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!