your modem driver is available from compaq here : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=501777&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en
select which operating system you are using on the first page (XP or Vista) and the next page scroll down to where it says ORIGINAL drivers, download the file to your desktop so you can find it . here's how to install it:
1. Download the driver package.
2. Double-click on the icon for the driver package downloaded in Step 1, and then click NEXT
3. Accept the terms in the HP license agreement, and then click NEXT
4. Click OK
to continue. The original drivers are now stored in the C:\HP\Drivers\Modem folder.
5. If Device Manager does not start automatically, use the following steps. Otherwise go to Step 6:
a. Click Start
b. Right-click My Computer, and then select Properties.
c. Click the Hardware tab, and then click the Device Manager button.
6. Click the + (plus) sign next to "Modem" or "Other devices".
7. Right-click "PCI Simple Communications Controller" or the device you want to update, and then select Update Driver.
8. Click NEXT
to install the software automatically.
9. Click FINISHED
to complete the installation.