Sir,i have lost my sound system after getting my laptop formatted.my laptop (Hp intel celeron)is 1.3GHz /256MB DDRAM/HDD 40 GB/Combodrive)model having windows xp proffesional.my audio driver cd is not functioning .so please suggest me how to get audio back to my laptop.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can download the audio and device drivers from the Compaq/HP WEBsupport/download page.
Make sure you select your model laptop and the Windowsdrivers you require and install them. Click on this link to download thedrivers: - http://welcome.hp.com/country/au/en/cs/support.html
copy and paste the link below on the browser.....you will be redirected to compaq preasario c700 drivers page.....there you can choose the model and it will ask what operating system....if you click the operating system....you will be redirected to the drivers download page....there you can download it.....it is free of cost.....try this....it work 100%.....
If the operating system on the notebook is XP then follow the below steps:
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "AUDIO DEVICE ON HIGH DEFINATION BUS" or Conexant High defination audio entry and click Update driver.
3. Select "Not at this time", click on next and Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp35940 folder and the double click the (WinxP -> Thrifty10 -> CPL30A5a.inf file for Audio) Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
first the sound ... go to www.support.hp.com ... enter your model number under step 2 ... select drivers and downloads ... choose XP (not XP64) then download the audio driver package ... after dl install...