Question about SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player
This might help you...
SOLUTION 1 - Close all open programs
1. Close all U3 Smart programs.
2. Close all files stored on the Cruzer that is being accessed.
SOLUTION 2 - Force the U3 Launchpad to close
1. Right-click on the Notification Area, and select Task Manager. or Press CTRL+Shift+ESC at the same time
2. Click the Processes tab.
3. Look for LaunchPad.exe, select it then click End Process.
4. Click the Safely Remove Hardware icon on the Notification Army sansa fuxe won't disconect - id1168_26_remove.gifnbsp;
NOTE: Some computers take a while to refresh. Allow about a minute for the system to refresh then safely remove the device.
SOLUTION 3 - Simply unplug the device
If you personally guarantee and confirm that ALL programs are closed and there are no file transfers between the Sansa Fuze and the PC, you can simply unplug the mp3 player.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 04, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Feb 05, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Dec 14, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Dec 24, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa View 8GB MP3 Player - Black
May 23, 2017 | SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: