Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Do you hear the motor moving in both directions? I just had the same problem with mine. On mine, you can hear the motor moving in both directions but it would only move the shredder teeth in reverse and the teeth would not move going forward. I took the unit apart and found out that the gear right next to the motor shaft was rounded out in the middle. The solution would be to get a new gear or gears if you can get them. Make sure you inspect all the gears to see if there is a lot of play. You might have to replace more than 1 gear. What I did on mine, was take a brass tubing that was just a little larger than the shaft, drill out the center of the bad gear and press the tubing into the center of the bad gear. This took up the extra play and my Tech Solution TS8000 is working again. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on May 30, 2007
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
SOURCE: Shredder won't shred any more.
I have the Infoguard SX100M Axeus, sold by Staples.
Only the reverse was working, UNPLUG and open back cover, the paper mechanical switch was working fine, red side switch, the gears and fuse were all ok, I think something on the circuit board was fried.
I switched the BLACK and WHITE wires with each other going to the shredder motor, thus when I switched it to reverse, it would go foward and shred. Its working now, only in reverse.
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
Their are sensors on top and bottom of cutter asm. Good chance one or more are dirty, blocked with paper shreds or just bad. Clean with compressed air and lightly moistened cotton swab.
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2015 | Shredder Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 26, 2011 | Fellowes Intellishred PS-79Ci Shredder
Aug 30, 2011 | Aurora Electronics AS662C Shredder
Mar 23, 2011 | Royal 85X Shredder
Dec 13, 2010 | Fellowes W11C Confetti-Cut Shredder
Nov 06, 2010 | Fellowes W11C Confetti-Cut Shredder
Apr 07, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 12, 2009 | Royal Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 08, 2009 | Royal VF1012mx Shredder
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!