Hi there, my blck dualshock2 ps2 controller stopped working. the red light in the middle of the controller does come on, but the buttons do not work. it scrolls through the options automatically without stopping and the anolog sticks dont work. How could i fix this. is this problem from the inside of the controller?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: ps2 dual shock2 controller not working
Yes! your right, it's inside of the controller .what you can do is open the controller clean the board by using cotton buds with alcohol or cleaner you will notice accumulated dust preventing the buttons from touching the board you need to remove those.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Look at the controller and see if the red light is on in the middle of the controller if it is not press the black rectangle button above the red light. If that dont work then your controller ports on the system might be dirty and need a light cleaning ....or you dont have a ps2 controller you might have a ps1 controller. Hope this helped
there is not a practical way to fix it like when i played ps2 and stuff like that happened i would like blow into the cord where you plug it in. and i would blow into the actual ps2... i mean there really is no way... buy a new controller they're extremely cheap now... you can get a wireless one for like $15
i think i found out why. one of your buttons may be jammed down inside your controller. this might be solved by banging something hard against it, however this solution is only temporary. the better thing to do is take it to a game shop to either get "surgery" or get a new one.
does it stop working?or stopped vibrating?if the vibration stopped then wire connecting to the rotating motor is detached this is the common problem with dual shock because of constant vibration.Solution is to open the controller and connect the loose wire,dust is also a big factor if buttons are already not responding so try also to remove accumulated dust on the button touch board.
Removed accumulated dust sticking on the board were the buttons touches.use cotton balls with alcohol or use
clean damp cloth.If nothing's happen check the cord I'm sure it is twisted badly, open your ps2 use this controller and try to twist back the twisted cord if it stopped sometimes when your twisting it then you have to replaced the cord(make sure that your using the original ps2 controller not imitation)pls. rate
It could be the PS2 connector port.
1) Try cleaning it. Maybe used compressed air or just blow into the faulty connector port.
2) Something more challenging, is to maybe open up the PS2 and to search for any broken connections between the Ps2 controller port, and the Motherboard of the PS2. Use a phillips #0 or a phillips #1 screwdriver, flip the ps2, you will see all these tiny squares, pull them out using something sharp, and underneath them there will be the screws, also there are some screws located underneath the warranty sticker and another underneath the Info sticker, just probe the surface until you land upon a hole. there you will find the screws. Open the ps2 up and you will spot the connector and search for any broken connections. any broken links can be fixed just by using a soldering iron and some solder.( OPENING UP YOUR PLAYSTATION VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY).
3) IF your ps2 is still under warranty, you can send it back to sony, or one of their many repair centres around the nation( IF U ARE IN THE USA). If in another nation, you can visit sony.com and follow their instructions on how to go about with in warranty repairs
if you have the vibe on other games then it is a simple game tying to fined the game seting but if not ther is a problem with the controler i had the same problem but luckaly i was able to fix it as i am a electronics NVQ level 4.