Question about AMD Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Yes it will, but you'll need to update the bios to the latest one in order to be sure the processor is recognized. The 790 chipset will make that board an excellent performer with the Phenom 940. Give it as much dual channel ram as you can afford, up to the max of 4 gig for a 32 bit O/S or 64 gig for a 64 bit system.
Posted on Nov 10, 2009
AM3 Processors are, as you state, backwards compatible with AM2 Sockets. However, this is based on a BIOS update and may not be the case in all motherboards. I would recommend checking with ACER directly, as to weather they have relased an update for this bios to support this function. I have done a search but turned up nothing, but they may not have released it yet. My initial thought was that this seems to be a problem with these OEM boards.
Posted on Nov 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2014 | Sapphire Technology PC-AM3RS890G2 Desktop...
Sep 19, 2011 | ASUS Essentio Desktop / AMD Athlon II X2...
Aug 18, 2011 | AMD 2.3GHz Phenom X4 Quad-Core 9650 AM2+...
May 30, 2011 | Foxconn 6100M2MA-RS2H Motherboard
• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s
• NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
• Supports Dual Channel DDR2 667/800
- 2 DDR2 DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot.
• Two PCI slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
• One IDE port by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode
- Can connect up to two IDE devices
• Two SATA II ports by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
- SATA II 1~2 supports RAID 0, 1 mode by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
May 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 09, 2010 | HP Pavilion a1310n PC Desktop
May 09, 2010 | Dell Dimension C521 PC Desktop
Mar 04, 2010 | Intel Motherboard
Jan 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
128 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: