Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

Driping taps the tats i have in my home are not the type that you turn to get the water to run they are what i call the new type. when you want the water to run you turn a leaver which is on top of the there a washer in them which needs renewing if it drips

Posted by on

  • Ron Krysiewski May 11, 2010

    This type of faucet is called a single lever, and they been around for years. I understand it is dripping but it is very hard to explain how to repair it without seeing the faucet. Common one's are Delta, Moen, American Standard. All have different repair replacements. Some easy and some difficult. If your not sure call a Pro!


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,692 Answers

Take it apart and take the parts to the plumbing supply and match them up. If you cannot live with the drip would you not replace it anyway if you cannot repair it? 

Posted on Jan 30, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Just removed an old Moen one handle pullout kitchen faucet and installed a brand new updated version. Unable to get hot water line to work properly.

some new faucets come with there on supply lines when you tighten one will twist at the top near the faucet look under the sink to see if this has happened. i've had it happen not long ago

Apr 04, 2016 | Moen Plumbing

1 Answer

Tap is dripping. What needs to be changed.

It depends on the type. Old ones have a washer under the part you turn. These are mostly reserved for garden taps. Modern taps have a ceramic cartridge and you can usually tell these by the amount you turn the tap to turn it on, about a quarter to 3/4 turn. All of the cartridges are different and specific to the make. The best thing to do is either take the tap apart and take the cartridge to Home Depot, or go to Home Depot, find your tap on display and say "I want a washer/cartridge for one of those". They will also give you information if you need it.

Oct 17, 2015 | Plumbing

1 Answer

How to stop a driping tap

Try to follow these two you tube videos and see which one applies to your style of faucet.

Good luck.
How to change or tap washer to stop dripping tap or replace the type of...

How To Fix Dripping Tap Washer Change Plumbing Tips

Aug 05, 2014 | Plumbing

1 Answer

We purchased a home built in 2001 that has the dual handle Delta Monitor 2300 series. Though this particular model, I believe, is designed to prevent this problem, my daughters are practically scalded...

There is probably mineral or rust deposits in the cartridge. Shut the water off and remove the handle and then the faceplate and remove the cartridges. Tap the cartridges and see if any debris comes out. You can try cleaning it out buy soaking it in a bowl of warm white vinegar. Keep moving it around and keep flushing the inside of the cartridge out and tapping it. There is usually a small check valve in the cartridge and you should here it rattle. With the cartridges out turn on the water supply for a few seconds to flush out the pipes. Then try reinstalling them or while they are out; go to your local plumbing supply or Home Depot or similar and purchase some replacement cartridges.
Thanks for using FixYa

Jun 20, 2011 | Delta Faucet Company RP26755 Sleeve...

1 Answer

When water is turned on hot is okay but cold barely come on

Hi it sounds like the head inside the tap has worn, if it's a single tap then turn of the water supply, open the tap to ensure no water coming through then remove the head with a adjustable spanner turning anti-clockwise. take to a plumbers merchant and they will give you a replacement. There cheap enough. Put the new head back in and re-instate water supply. Turn on that tap to clear any air then your done. Thanks Paul.

Aug 31, 2010 | Delta Faucet Plumbing

1 Answer

When i turn on my tap only a small ammount of water comes out. also i have a ceramic tap and dont know how to remove this thanks

Remove the knob it's either screwed or clipped on
Then with a spanner/wrench unscrew the exposed barrel - anticlockwise and fit replacement
If you look at other [washer type] taps the process is the same
Do make sure to TURN OFF the water supply first

Nov 21, 2009 | NRS STROM PLUMBING Free Standing Low Spout...

1 Answer

Clarify application of straight ball valve 1/4 turn

The ballvalve is normally a compression type fitting and so would not normally require soldering, however you could use a threaded adaptor soldered to the copper supply line and then thread a 1/2" ball valve to that then reduce down to the correct thread to meet the tails from your new tap. Or alternativeley you can insert the valve in the supply line, and extend the pipe to nearer the sink to enable easier connection of the tap.


Mar 28, 2009 | Plumbing

2 Answers

Moen Tub Faucet.. Water won't stop running.

change the washers first if that don't work change the inserts buy all at same time and return if not needed . Thank you for useing fixya please rate me

Feb 25, 2009 | Moen 2919 Chateau Two Handle Tub and...

2 Answers

Slow running tap

If you have recently turned off your water supply you may have disturbed some sediment in the water lines causing this problem.....Unscrew the airator at the end of the faucet and there is a screen inside( take note how this screen is in place). This should give you water pressure back!

Dec 18, 2008 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

91 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

14420 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

28078 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides