PiP for your TV works between two different sources. This means between a component source and an HDMI source or between an HDMI source and another HDMI source. PiP also works with a PC connection, e.g. when using the TV as a computer display. PiP does not work
between two component sources. The setting will be grayed out when you don't have a configuration that is supported, as the Samsung TV's are usually able to automatically detect which sources are plugged in and available.
I'm not exactly sure what sort of configuration you want your PiP to work in, but try one of the following configurations.
You can usually find an HDMI cable for much cheaper at an electronics supplies shop, Radio Shack, or on eBay or Gumtree.
- TV Cable (through VCR or other via Component input) with Satellite in PiP (via HDMI input)
PS3 (via HDMI Input) with Satellite in PiP (via Component Input)
- Wii via HDMI Input) with PS3 in PiP (via HDMI Input)
To change your PiP settings:
You can download the full PDF manual for your TV here (large download at 26MB.) Much of the PIP information can be found on pages 13 and 14.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control.
Select Picture and press Enter.
- Select PIP and press Enter.
- Press the enter button again, and press up or down to change the setting to On and press enter again.
Note: If PIP is activated the screen will display in widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio.)
- Press the up or down buttons to select the Source then press the Enter button.
Select the source of the sub-picture by pressing the up and down arrows and then pressing the Enter button.
Note: The sub-picture can serve different source selections based on the what the main source is set to.
Note: You may notice that the picture in the PIP window becomes slightly unnatural when you use the main screen to view a game or karaoke.
Good luck, I hope that helps.