Question about Plumbing

Open Question

How to fix leak on water ridge kitchen faucet?

Posted by on

6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 33 Answers

SOURCE: low pressure and flow on hot water side of single handle faucet

It could be one of two problems, one simple, one serious.

  • Easy fix
  1. Turn off hot water angle stop under sink to faucet.
  2. Remove supply line from hot angle stop.
  3. Place end of supply line in a small bucket to catch some water.
  4. Turn on cold water for a couple of seconds and backflush debris from faucet.
  5. Reconnect supply line.
  6. Turn on angle stop and test
  • Complex fix
If you have steel pipes you may be experiencing reduced flow due to corrosion in your pipes. Reduced hot water pressure in the kitchen faucet is usually the first sign since this is the faucet that is most used in the home.

Repiping is a job for a professional. Another symptom you may need a repipe is orange colored or rusty water.

Posted on Dec 05, 2008

  • 44 Answers

SOURCE: I cant stop my Moen single lever kitchen faucet

1. If it's "leaking" from the body then, the O-Rings between the body of the faucet got gunked up with minerals from your water. This interferes with the seal.
The answer is to take some grit cloth/very fine sandpaper and clean the inside of the spout body. Wipe clean. I would also suggest replacing the O-Rings on the faucet body, but at the very least wipe the O-rings and faucet body clean.
THEN: lubricate the inside of the spout body AND the O-Rings with silicone grease. It's translucent and readily available and the only thing I would ever use for a faucet repair. NOT plumber's grease, NOT WD-40.
Reassemble and enjoy.

2. If it's dripping, the you need a new cartridge. You can get them for FREE from the hardware store if you have the old cartridge to trade them. The problem is that Moen cartridges are water-sealed into place and you need a special tool to break that water seal. The special tool (just a tiny piece of specifically shaped plastic, really) comes, you guessed it - with the new cartridge.
Two possible solutions: a) bite the bullet and just buy the cartridge (~$25) or buy a Moen cartridge puller, usually available from the hardware store as well for about the same price. Ask, they might even lend you one.
The point of whichever tool you end up with is to rotate the cartridge itself inside the faucet body to break the water seal so that you can pull it out with a set of pliers. There will be a retaining clip to pull out as well.
Good Luck.

Posted on Sep 09, 2009

Testimonial: "this will give me something to work on. thanks"

  • 35 Answers

SOURCE: Grohe ladylux plus kitchen faucet leaks from

Yes,it sounds like you have to replace the hose.Follow the braided hose under your sink until you come across a yellow and black fitting . it is comparable to an air hose fitting quick disconnection. once that is pulled from the sink port,unscrew the spray head and pull the ose through the faucet body from above the sink

Posted on Feb 23, 2010

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Tuscany kitchen faucet blows

They do come with a lifetime warranty, so if you have the model number, you can call their Customer Service line at 800-545-5230 for replacement parts.

Posted on Mar 10, 2010

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Water Ridge Kitchen Facet with attached sprayer w...

You will ned to contact WaterRidge and have them send a Cartridge which you will have to replace. Their products are warrantied for life, so they should send it at no charge. The Customer Sevice # is 1-866-789-2273. You will need the Model # so they can send you the correct cartridge. I am trolling the web for replacement instructions, so I'll let you know if I find some.

Posted on Sep 06, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I remove the cold water faucet cartridge on a Monen high arch, 2 handle w/sprayer, series 7700 Montecello

  • How to Fix Leaking Moen High Arc Kitchen Faucet -DIY Video embedded · Our Moen high arc kitchen faucet started to leak around the base of the high spout. We had the Moen Monticello 7700 series single handle faucet for 8 ...
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Regarding Moen Faucets ... a cold water filtering faucet, ... tighten the cartridge nut or replace the cartridge. If the faucet has a handle connector: ... Remove the faucet handle.
  • Monticello by Moen - Monticello Monticello. Chrome replacement handle knob insert ... As the #1 faucet brand in North America, Moen offers a diverse selection of thoughtfully designed kitchen and ...
  • Installation Help / Animated Tutorials for Moen Faucet Moen's animated tutorials provide installation help for many of Moen's ... How to Remove & Install the 1222 Cartridge. ... Removing a Single-Handle Kitchen Faucet ...
  • Contractor John replaces a cartridge in a Moen faucet ...
    • 11 MIN
    2011-10-26 · Contractor John replaces a cartridge in a Moen ... Repair Moen Single Handle Faucet, ... How to remove an old kitchen faucet and install a ...

  • May 05, 2016 | Plumbing

    1 Answer

    Wateridge Olivia. Where can I get a manual?

    Customer Reviews: Water Ridge Pull Out Kitchen Faucet, Inc.The older Water Ridge faucet had a 6 page manual; it seems the company .... me a new Olivia Pullout Kitchen Faucet by WaterRidge' Dual Function Spray Head ...

    REVIEW: Costco WR Water Ridge Pull Out Faucet Brushed ...

    ? 3:21
    Apr 19, 2013 - Uploaded by HillBrosReviews
    REVIEW: Costco WR Water Ridge Pull Out Faucet Brushed Nickel .... gave me a new Olivia Pullout Kitchen Faucet byWaterRidge' Dual Function Spray ... They sent a hose... with nodirections how to replace the defective one.

    Dec 18, 2015 | Plumbing

    1 Answer

    Water Ridge kitchen faucet model FP4A4107NP does not swivel between sinks. I thought they all could be directed into either side of a double sink?

    Did you install the faucet without using the top mounting plate? This could cause no spout swivel.

    Dec 26, 2014 | Plumbing

    1 Answer

    How remove handle for water ridge farcet nsf 61/9

    On a water ridge kitchen faucet, there is a brass fitting that the water supply hose going to the faucet you pull out connects to under the sink, on that fitting youll find a small screw loosen it up, pull the fitting off , also loosen the other screw and disconnect the hose, now look inside the fitting there is some plastic junk ( not sure what its for) get a screw driver and a hammer and bash it out(not to hard) then put it back together. good to go, full pressure!! worked on mine and has for 2yrs.

    Oct 20, 2012 | Plumbing

    1 Answer

    Leaking diverter valve

    is it a kitchen faucet or a tub faucet? if it a kitchen faucet it will be a cartridge issue, if it is a tub faucet it could be as easy as a o-ring or a separate cartridge. in any case the cartridges are usually in the main part of the handle and you usually have to take apart the faucet. i know this may sound funny but make sure you turn off the water to the faucet, you would be surprised how many people try to fix this with water on.

    Aug 30, 2012 | Kohler Plumbing

    1 Answer

    Water ridge pullout kitchen faucet. I do not know how the plastic quick connect for the pull out hose line connets to the copper connector. i do what they say and it pulls off easily and leaks

    That connection to the copper pipe is a olive with a nut that compresses it onto the copper, you need 2 spanners and the nut has to be done up thightly to lock onto the copper

    Mar 07, 2011 | Plumbing

    1 Answer

    I have a kitchen faucet that is leaking at the base where the faucet connects to the base. It leaks all the time. Do I need to replace the O rings in the stem of the faucet? Or do I need to replace all...

    hi! if tightening the knob(s), (or if you apply pressure on the knob of the faucet,for the models with no thread for open/close), modify the amount of water leaking ,you need to replace the seats in the faucet. if not ,just replacing the o rings should fix your problem.

    Feb 20, 2011 | American Standard Kitchen Faucet 6310 020...

    1 Answer

    Water leaking from the faucet onto the countertop.

    Check out this web site and it looks like it should be a o ring at the base, anyway I hope this will be helpful.
    It has a breakdown of faucet internal parts.

    Jun 04, 2010 | Rohl A3608LMPN Single Lever Country...

    1 Answer

    Water Ridge Kitchen Facet with attached sprayer w...

    You will ned to contact WaterRidge and have them send a Cartridge which you will have to replace. Their products are warrantied for life, so they should send it at no charge. The Customer Sevice # is 1-866-789-2273. You will need the Model # so they can send you the correct cartridge. I am trolling the web for replacement instructions, so I'll let you know if I find some.

    May 21, 2010 | Plumbing

    1 Answer

    I have an american standard single control faucet. I realized water was leaking down the pipes. When i turned of the hot water valve, water stopped leaking. How do i go about fixing this.

    Chances are your supply line is leaking. One of three things (easy fixes).
    1) There is a "packing nut" on the shut off which holds the handle on - this could be leaking (just tighten with pliers while open).
    2) There is a nut directly above the shut off (3/8 inch) which goes directly to the faucet. Simply thighten this nut.
    3) There is yet another nut above the last (very near the faucet). This is a 5/8 nut and you will most likely need a "crescent wrench" to tighten this as you cannot get pliers up there. You can purchase a crescent wrench at any hardware store for about 10 bucks. Good luck!

    Dec 30, 2009 | American Standard Kitchen Faucet 6310 020...

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Plumbing Logo

    Related Topics:

    255 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Plumbing Experts

    Donni Steen

    Level 3 Expert

    659 Answers

    Brad Brown

    Level 3 Expert

    15557 Answers

    Tom Chichester

    Level 3 Expert

    34170 Answers

    Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides