An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 10 or more questions between 12 midnight and 6am on the same day.
Re: I cannot use 1,q,a,z keys in my hcl keyboard.
Hello. Has the keyboard been dropped/banged around recently? Do you have children or pets that could have spilled liquid, food, who-knows-what in the keyboard? Also, if you press one of the non-functional keys(eg.: A) do the keys above/below it press down as well?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your keyboard is not "typing wrong letters", you have a stuck key. The key is shorting out and is stuck on the letter W. Usually caused by dirt/dust/spills on the keyboard jamming the key so it can't release. Things to try in order of difficulty: >Vacuum cleaner with brush attachment, vac the keys. >Paper towel moistened lightly rubbed on the 4 sides of the W key; use a knife blade to gently work down into the edges. >Soft toothbrush, lightly dampened with water, work the bristles all all around the edges of the W key. After that do step 2 with a dry dry paper towel. >Take the keyboard apart; usually several tiny screws on the rear/sides. CAREFULLYremovethe top. You may have to turn the board over, lie on its face to do this. Do not knock the letters out of order or you will have a headache placing them back in proper order! Clear whatever it blocking the W and replace the cover. If none of the above works the keyboard has failed, needs to be replaced.
(FuNction key) A keyboard key that works like a shift key to activate a second function on a dual-purpose key. Commonly found on laptop keyboards, the Fn key is often used to control hardware functions such as screen brightness and speaker volume. The Fn key may also be found on extra small keyboards for desktop computers, typically for Page Up and Page Down, which are combined with Up Arrow and Down Arrow. See function key.
Do not use glue!
These keyboard caps just press fit onto the keyboard. Line it up and push straight down. The arrow facing in the right direction should give you the right alignment.
If the key does not stay on, you must replace the keyboard as it would be missing the attachment point that would keep it on the base.
Without seeing it in person, it is hard to say.
I am not sure I understand what you mean by the key is locked to the keyboard?
I was also facing the same problem. But when you see on back of the keyboard the instructions are there. or follow these steps.
1. insert new batteries both in keyboard and mouse.
2. decide what device you want to connect 1st (Lets connect Keyboard first)
3. Pres and Hold the connect button for both key board and receiver for about 5 secs.
4. don't press any key on key board till 10 secs (During this time it trying to connect with receiver)
5. Check the key board connectivity if it works then take it away or put it behind some barrier so that when you are connecting the mouse it don't interrupt.
6. now for the mouse do the same process as you have connected the keyboard.(step 3 & 4)
7. now check both key board and mouse they will work fine.
Not sure if this is what you are talking about but worth a try.
Go to Control Panel.
1. Click on Keyboard.
2. When the Keyboard Properties come up, CLICK on Key Settings.
3. Then set up the keys by selecting the Key to be changed.
Hope this will help some. Bud
You have stuck keys from when you removed to clean. Remove the stuck keys and see if it works OK when you press the rubber cap instead of key The back space one may have a link under it if it is a wide one ensure it is fitted correctly