Question about Whirlpool Dryers

1 Answer

Electrical shock from dryer

I keep getting shock from dryer

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Whirlpool Master
  • 2,651 Answers

Well then unplug it nad have checked by electricina you have a wire touching cabinet somewhere, and your dryer is now live!!! this should not be howeer be,, because a correctly installed machine would/should a least blow the breaker if/when this occurs!

Posted on Jan 25, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Dryer shocks you when you touch it


This should NEVER happen. A properly installed dryer will be grounded both electrically and via chassis ground. You should IMMEDIATELY disconnect power from the dryer at the fuse/breaker panel, unplug the device and get it serviced before any further use. It is currently a fire and shock hazard!

Aug 23, 2014 | Dryers

1 Answer

New Maytag Electric shock


I believe you dryer is not hooked up correctly electrically.
You will need to unplug it from the wall without touching it.
You may need to use a wooden broom handle or some other insulating items to accomplish this.
Remember, electricity cannot flow through dry rubber, paper, cardboard, or wood.
If you cannot move the dryer away from the plug so you can reach it, you will need to shut off the dryer at the breaker box or fuse box before you start to unhook it.
The breaker box or fuse box should be marked on the paper on the back of the door as to which 2 circuit breakers or fuses are for the dryer, but most are not.
You should get someone smart to fix this before you have a fire or someone killed .
Be blessed.

Jun 14, 2013 | Maytag Dryers

1 Answer

Dryer electrical shock


first thing unplug machine and have electrical outlet checked for proper wiring. This is a safety hazard. you can buy a tool for about $5 to check them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receptacle_tester
if it passes this test then there is a wiring issue in the machine. Were you touching anything else metal when shocked?
if it fails, get a professional electrician to check and repair the wiring. Do NOT use any faulty outlet as they can be dangerous.

Stay Safe.

Jun 14, 2013 | Maytag Dryers

1 Answer

Went from a 4 prong to a 3 and get shocked sometimes.


You need a meter. Unplug the dryer and check for continuity between either of the 2 hot legs and the frame.
9_5_2012_10_08_33_pm.jpg

Sep 04, 2012 | Kenmore 62602 Electric Dryer

1 Answer

No Heat


before working on any appliance-be sure to unplug it to keep from getting shocked & damaging your appliance
problem-runs but will not heat
1.loose wiring-check terminals & wiring
2.defective thermostat
3.defective centrifugal switch in motor(check linkage to motor)
4.defective timer-replace timer
5.open heater element--replace

Jul 27, 2010 | LG DLE3777 Electric Dryer

1 Answer

Dryer just stopped working. I get shocked when i open the door or touch any metal part of the machine.


Unless the shock is static electricity, you'd best unplug it and call a professional. You have a dangerous problem.
Jim Hart

Jun 14, 2010 | LG Electronics 7.3 Cu. Ft. Front Control...

1 Answer

First the dryer stopped heating, then when the reset button was pushed it started drying again, but now the heat will not shut off without unplugging the dryer


This is a situation that you need to be very careful with. It sounds like you have a grounded heating element. If this is the case, then the current can be running through the dryer's frame and can cause electrical shock. Keep the dryer unplugged and check the heating element for continuity. If it has none, replace the heating element. BE CAREFUL. Hope this helped and best wishes.

Aug 02, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel DEIX2 Electric Dryer

1 Answer

Kenmore Portable dryer, shocking


To me it sounds like you could have the polarity reversed on the wiring. Also is the outlet that it is plugged in to grounded that alone will cause a shock to be given off, Have goods holiday, biigg53566+

Dec 01, 2008 | Kenmore 82722 Electric Portable Dryer

1 Answer

LER4634J got ''shocked'' and now won't operate


First, test voltage to be sure your are getting 240v into the machine. Sometimes there are to 120v breakers in the breaker box that have to be reset. Check to be sure yours are fully reset.

Nov 23, 2008 | Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer

1 Answer

Does any hotpoint dryers have a reset?


BEFORE WORKING ON ANY APPLIANCE BE SURE TO UNPLUG IT TO KEEP FROM BEING SHOCKED OR DAMAGING YOUR APPLIANCE
possible cause
1.no power---check fuse & power supply
2.loose wiring---check terminals & wiring
3.door switch---make certain door is closed properly to actuate switch
4.defective motor-- check motor
5.defective timer--replace

May 26, 2008 | Hotpoint NVL333EY Electric Dryer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dryers Logo

Related Topics:

353 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Dryers Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8147 Answers

Tim Whalen

Level 3 Expert

3056 Answers

Richard Roth
Richard Roth

Level 3 Expert

9472 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Dryer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...