Question about Ovens
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to set the clock to the correct time and this should take it out of automatic mode, it should then work o.k
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
on these ovens the f-3 can sometime be incorporated with the f-4 error code also so here is the code and the things to look for both ok ?
F3 - F4 Open oven temperature sensor (circuit) (over 2700 ohms) or, shorted oven temperature sensor. Could be a result of:
· contamination on terminals
· pinched wire in oven temperature sensor circuit
· cold solder joint on control. · Disconnect power to range and remove oven temperature sensor connector from control.
· Measure oven temperature sensor resistance at oven temperature sensor connector (take care not to damage terminals in block) - Should read 1100 ohms at room temperature (approx 72 degrees F).
· Measure each oven temperature sensor lead from connector block to ground. If shorted, look for pinched or cut wire in oven temperature sensor circuit.
· Check connector terminals - Look for deformed or corrosion on terminals. Repair or replace.
If all above is ok replace control.
Posted on Jul 14, 2010
SOURCE: Fisher & Paykel double wall
Hello & Welcome to FixYa
This indicates a open/shorted oven temperature sensor and to solve this problem the sensor needs replacement. If you wan to be sure before replacing the sensor then you can test it with a voltmeter for around 1100ohms....if it reads more then this then it needs replacement however, if the reading is around or less then 1100ohms then it is the control board that needs replacement. Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
Posted on Feb 03, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2017 | Fisher Ovens
Sep 27, 2014 | Fisher and Paykel Ovens
Aug 09, 2013 | Fisher and Paykel Ovens
Mar 30, 2017 | DCS Ovens
Aug 07, 2011 | Fisher and Paykel AeroTech OS302 Electric...
Jul 01, 2011 | Fisher and Paykel Ovens
May 31, 2011 | Fisher and Paykel Ovens
Nov 08, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel AeroTech Double OD302...
Jul 14, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel Ovens
Oct 03, 2008 | DCS WO-130 Stainless Steel Electric Single...
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!