Open the shackle twist 180 degrees...shut it as if u were closing it into the locking device..hold it down, put in what ur new combination is..pull the shackle up and shut it into locking device, and test it out.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: I want to change my Master Lock combination
Some masterlock combination locks are changeable and some are not. Do you know which model you have? If so, you can call your local masterlock distributor, such as a hardware store and ask. They should be able to help you. good luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Contact Masterlock.com and fill out the form, get it notarized and send it in for the combination to unlock it based on the S/N which is on the lock.(http://www.masterlock.com/faq/LostCombinations/). Good luck on this since Masterlock will end up finding something that will prevent them from giving you the combination. Its quite frustrating and NOT worth the trouble.
2. Go to home depot. Buy a 24in bolt cutter ($22) cut the stem of the lock. and replace with a new lock that you can buy from home depot for $ 29.00. If you have a key that is inside the lock box that you really need, You will now need to drill out the combinations piece by piece and the door will pop open or send the lock back to Masterlock. They will retrieve the key for you and send it back.
would appear that you made a mistake in setting your new combination on
your Master Lock 5400d and did not register the combination at Masterlockvault.com. The only way to open your lock is by using the
correct combination. There is no other way. Most mistakes are normally
one or two digits out, so you may wish to try variations on what you
thought you set.
Apart from that you can either try every possible combination or you will need to
contact the manufacturer. But they cannot assist you if the lock does
not have a serial number (they recently stopped applying serial numbers
for greater security) and they will not assist if the lock is already
secured to anything. There are a number of other hurdles as well, click here for details.
Given that they state that you will have to wait four to six weeks for
an answer, it's going to be far quicker to just try every possible
I hate to say this, because Masterlock makes a fine product: It sounds like something inside the wheel assembly is broken. If it's still under warranty, send it to Mster Lock for a replacement. If not, replace it with a Corbin Sesame. Corbin originated the design, and they've been making the lock for several decades, now.