Question about Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Recovery procedure for Acer netbooks.
The Recovery disc will help you to restore the hard drive with the original software content that was installed when you purchased your notebook. Follow the steps below to rebuild your hard drive. Your drive will be reformatted and all data will be erased. It is important to back up all data files before you use this option.
1. Press the power button to turn the system on.
2. Select to boot from a USB optical drive. There are two ways to do this:
2.1. Press <F2> during the Power-On Self-Test (when the Acer logo is displayed onscreen after bootup) to enter BIOS Setup.
2.1.1. Select the Boot menu.
2.1.2. Refer to onscreen instructions to set the first device to any bootable optical disc drive.
2.2. Press <F12> during the Power-On Self-Test (when the Acer logo is displayed onscreen after bootup), and select the USB ODD from the list that appears.
3. Ensure the Recovery disc is in an external (USB) optical disc drive, and exit the boot selection menu, by selecting Exit Saving Changes from the Exit menu or pressing <F10>, or by pressing <Enter> as appropriate.
4. Select Exit Saving Changes from the Exit menu or press <F10>.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
6. When you finish the recovery process, please remove the Recovery disc and insert the System disc again.
7. Restart your computer.
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2012 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
The Aspire One is a netbook produced by
Acer; it does not come equipped with a CD ROM drive, so a traditional
hard drive reformat and Windows reinstallation is not possible without a
peripheral storage device. An external USB CD or flash drive will suffice, however.Difficulty:Moderate
Oct 27, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Feb 14, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jan 04, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Dec 09, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook
Oct 29, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Jul 16, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jun 06, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Jan 21, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Oct 29, 2009 | HP Mini 1000 Netbook
217 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: