- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Always turn off power to smoke alarm before replacing battery.
Replace battery at least once a year, or immediately when the low
battery signal sounds (a beep once per minute indicates low bat-
tery). Batteries should be replaced regularly as necessary, even
when the smoke alarm is receiving AC power.
Use only the following batteries as replacements in this smoke alarm: Eveready 216, 522, 1222, Duracell MN 1604, or Ultralife U9VL-J [Alkaline batteries 9Volt] DO NOT USE RECHARGEABLE
1. Turn off power to smoke alarm at main service panel.
2. Turn smoke alarm counter-clockwise to detach from mounting plate.
3. Gently pull down smoke alarm. Be careful not to separate wire
4. Pull out power plug from back of smoke alarm.
5. From back of smoke alarm, lift tab to open battery pocket door.
6. Remove battery from pocket. Disconnect and discard bad battery from battery connector.
7. Connect a fresh, 9-volt battery to connector. The battery will fit
only one way. Be sure battery connector is securely attached to
8. Place battery into battery pocket.
9. Close battery pocket door. Push down until it snaps into place.
10. Replace connector plug. Connector will "snap" into place.
Gently tug connector to be sure it is attached properly.
11. Reattach smoke alarm to mounting plate by turning smoke
alarm clockwise until it snaps into plate.
12. Turn on power and test smoke alarm using Push-to-Test button
If it is wireless, then one or more of the switches need a new battery. I suggest replace them all and mark the date inside the box. I assume that there is no yellow triangle showing on the alarm panel. Triangle is for no phone connection.
Readings You May See When Unit is AC Powered Display Shows Alarm Sound Unit Status Recommended Action Steady "Err" "Chirp" every Unit malfunctioning when Call KIDDE customer and flashing dot 30 seconds AC powered service at 1-800-880-6788 Readings You May See When Unit is on Temporary Battery Backup Display Shows Alarm Sound Unit Status Recommended Action Flashing dot None Normal battery-only operation - Plug in to AC as soon as unit will show reading only if it possible to conserve battery senses CO Flashing dot and "Chirp" every Unit malfunctioning when Call KIDDE customer "Err" 30 seconds battery powered service at 1-800-880-6788
Hope this helps. Manual is here: http://www.detectorsandalarms.com/images/pdf/Manual_KN-COPP-3_900-0100en.pdf
If this helps you resolve your problem, please consider giving a good rating and a quick thanks or good job.It will help me as well Thank you.
you need to change your main control battiery.
the main control panel takes a 12 volt 7 amphour or a 12 volt 4.5 amphour battery. the larget the amphour the longer the system will last when the power is out. available at fry's radio shack or on line. ps: if the key shows a zone number with the bat, that means you have a wireless sensor low battiery.
The switch that is mounted to your key cylinder is most probably bad and it is not disabling your alarm when you open your door. this is the most likely cause, to get to it the door panel will have to be removed.